1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after scoring 38 points vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

Yep. It's what I've commented on more than once.

2. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Sorry if I am a little slow here...but why would Clutch need to ask leebigez if it is ok to start a thread? :confused:

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Lin: "You guys make it sound like I think that much during the game... I'm just playin'."

Did he learn that quote at the Stromile Swift College of Communications? Hm, maybe he graduated alongside Tyrus Thomas & Andrew Bynum.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Well guys... I have to give it to Lin but it seems to have reduced Harden to a spot up shooter! The coach clearly didn't draw up enough plays to take advantage of Harden. Perhaps racism? Hmmm it's suspicious to say the least. Also why are no videos of Lin passing? :confused:

I dunno, seems like the coach is to blame for Harden's struggles. Lin is really turning his career down a terrible path. It's time to get angry guys. If Harden had the ball more this game would have been won for sure.

5. Lihao

Lihao Member

because the last time Clutch posted a Lin's interview, that dumb dude asked him to stop starting a new thread with Lin's video

6. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

Actually I think Lin knows how good a defender Green is. They were teammates in the d-league for a few weeks in 2010.

He probably should have taken the step-back jumper there, instead of going to yet another move.

7. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

:confused:

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't see any problem with Harden and Lin in the game, the problem being they utilize and run play for Harden way too much and frankly i think sometimes Harden are tired of it when they pass the ball to him again and he was like what me again..lol. They use him way too much and sometimes he forced himself and that's why he turnover like 5 or 6 times per game. I think Harden's game is better off if he penetrate unexpectedly not predictably. He's not Kobe where he can just back someone down and create play for others. His style of game is different...Rockets is better off with Lin handling the ball and create play for others INCLUDING HARDEN. Look, even with Lin being a primary ball handler, Harden still going to get his shots. The problem is the coaches don't even see how valuable Lin is and just keep going to Harden...they use him like just another player standing around passing the ball. IT is so depressing to see that. I hope they change this after this game from Lin.

1 person likes this.
  9. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Well tonight proved that. But have the coaches seen the error of their ways? My instinct tells me not.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Of all the team sports, basketball by far relies more on quick reaction of players. There's a reason why people say BBIQ rather than just traditional smarts. Being able to solve calculus problems and being able to make correct split second decisions upon reading the defense and the location of your teammates are vastly different things. I sincerely doubt any NBA player do much of the traditional "thinking" normal people are familiar with.

11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I don't know. I'll believe it when I see it. There have been so many bone headed moves by this coaching staff that I don't know what to expect anymore. :(

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ggXmKPMaHMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. jocar

jocar Member

If coaches had another play beside ISO to close out games, we wouldn't have gone to OT! I wish Lin had a chance to make that winning shot >(

14. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Rockets lost the game. I don't care how many points Lin or Harden or anyone else scores, if we lose the game then its all for nothing.

Its nice Lin showed up to play for once, so I give him props for coming to work once in his first couple of months here. Must be nice to have a job where you only have to work hard one day every other month or so.

15. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

If we go back to iso type of play, I think the media will start making some noise.

16. JK1

JK1 Member

So?

He was pretty close to the arc, I don't think anybody should be doing a step-back anything from that location.

17. jocar

jocar Member

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Super happy for Jeremy, but some of you Lin fans are going a tad too far.

I hope he keeps up the attacking and the efficiency when James Harden gets back.

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

so going to work means scoring 38 pts? your expectations are too high...

20. zdrav

zdrav Member

You are being ridiculous. While Lin's had some garbage games in which he barely registered any stats, he's had a handful of excellent games (namely against Atlanta, Toronto, and Utah), and others in which he was playing perfectly serviceable basketball.

Oh wait, I thought he was getting superstar money at $8 mil. :rolleyes: