1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after scoring 38 points vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Arthurprescott2

Ugh... I would have liked to see Douglas or Parsons curling off two screens for that last possession.

1 person likes this.
  2. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Wow, that's dumb by McHale. There was about 6 seconds left on the shot clock. If Asik came up, the Spurs would have trapped and gotten a 24 second violation on the Rockets.

3. Arthurprescott2

Especially since defense was keyed in on Lin.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'm happy Lin has shown he still has "it."

Worst case, we can still trade Lin for value if he doesn't "fit" with Harden.

That's WORST case.

BEST CASE, Lin and Haden, two guys who have never started for a whole season, figure it out and become great together.

5. rokit

rokit Member

the truth! even though he scored 38pts he was still being underutilized, i'm starting to think these coaches really are clueless.

6. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Maybe this is why Lin was so half upset on the Clutch interview... he was just berated by McFail in the locker room.

If so, I suspect Lin goes 2 for 9 with 6 points again in the next game.

7. sidestep

sidestep Member

Notice that the Rox have no offense to run except a PnR or ISO. Whose fault is that, Coach?

In general, it gets under my skin how McHale, in his post-game interviews, just blames losses on the players as if he's a mere observer -- instead of someone who also affects the game and needs to make adjustments.

1 person likes this.
  8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

McHale didn't "berate" Lin. He praised the game he played, but wished he hadn't called Omer Asik off on the pick, like he wanted.

9. mirus

mirus Member

Thanks clutch.Nice comment @ op ;)

btw how's his ankle?cant watch the game rit now since i'm still at work.

10. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

An Asik pick woulda been a terrible last play. It gives the spurs a chance to double the ball handler at the perimeter. Sure, you can pass to Asik, but do you really want Asik to take the last shot near the free throw line?

11. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

I don't think Lin has any difficulty running structured plays. He ran D'Antoni's plays on the fly quite successfully. D'Antoni doesn't have the easiest playbook in the business.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lin's been the most effective by creating his own motion...he didnt need Asik..I wouldve waived him off as well in that instance...Lin wants to just rise up and take the jumper...bc he relishes that role...that rare to find...
    and yes as someone posted above...u dont want ur screener to be a guy that doesnt have that kinda range setting the screen...bc you uncessarily double Lin...

1 person likes this.
  14. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I wish Lin acted as if he was going take the shot and then pass to Parsons or Dougie and let them get off a decent shot. I think he was thinking about that Toronto winning shot. At least, Lin's value went up to potential teams who might be thinking: "Hmmm . . . if we use Lin the right way and have a big man who can dunk and play D and some outside shooters, Lin might be able to score and/or make good passes."

15. SugarLandDream8

If we didn't rest Lin in the 4th we'd won by double digits in regulation easily.

Resting Lin actually made him and everyone else play more minutes with OT and we got the loss instead of the win.

16. SugarLandDream8

It's like what Parker said if he got his first career triple double tonight but the team loss it would have ruined the individual accomplishment.

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Telling it like it is bro!

18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

I wonder what D'Antoni is thinking right about now....

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

U think the coaches learned from this game? It seems to me that Jeremy has always been the same player, and the coaches who tried to make him what he is not.

20. SugarLandDream8

Leslie will probably have a talk with the coaches after this game.

Les liked what he saw with linsanity so much he gave him the contract with the poison pill and tonight we saw linsanity.

Les probably wants to see more of it since he is paying the bills.