1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after 107-105 Rockets win over Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2012.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

did anyone notice how he owned Kobe the only time he was guarding him? Lin is a pretty smart defender, knows what to do.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppNFQ-lF95g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. pnr

pnr Member

He did something similar to Danilo Gallinari too. He's pretty good at guarding larger players.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I wouldn't call it owned... I would call it good defense...

Even Shane didn't own Kobe... I'm not a fan of the guy, but I have to give him his props..

T_Man

4. rokit

rokit Member

yeah, lebron too

5. hotpotato

hotpotato Member

Lin will be the 1st NBA head coach of Chinese(Taiwanese?) descendant.

You heard it here 1st!

I like his composure. He seems to be always calm and in control, and says the right things, and not camera shy.

6. visible

visible Member

actually he was not too smart to fault too early tonight.

7. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

What kind of comment is that? You don't know what they did last night and it never seemed to bother James Worthy.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He is, but it also shows how bad so many other guys are. When you're guarding an athletic and skilled player and favoring the inside, he's going to spin baseline 8 or 9 out of 10 times. For whatever reason, a lot of guys act like that's not an option and overplay inside. You can tell Lin set up to play him inside, but was really waiting for the spin. Notice his right leg is moving off the floor, meaning he shifted his weight to his left leg and had his right one ready to open up baseline. Most guys do the opposite and get caught flat footed to the right.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You gotta be kidding. That was a great interview. Jeremy didn't just uncork some standard responses, when he easily could have, and gave intelligent answers, particularly to Clutch's questions. I'm still freaking out about the game. We found a bench and they beat the Lakers! What's not to like about that ?

10. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

or magic.

11. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

no he did. Just one play, but he did own him.

12. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

This was an awsome but lucky win. It could have easily gone the other way. The Laker's starters were outplaying our starters for most of the game. There were open shots, but they just weren't falling. Lin was basically nullified for most of the game due to early foul trouble. In the SG position, Kobe is just so much more versatile, whereas Harden ended up trying to draw fouls again, resulting in alot of forced shots. I really hope as the season progresses, Harden's game develops into something more versatile rather than just a drive and draw fouls strategy.

Kudos to coaching for keeping the bench in during the fourth. Douglas did a great job leading the bench. I don't think the Lakers prepped for them, and hack-a-ho worked well down the stretch.

Now onto the Spurs!

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

After watching his training camp with the young Taiwanese kids, I have a feeling he would be a good coach. Watching him teach these kids the fundamentals. Of course with assistance from his shooting coach and DLee from GSW.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gw0c_5GtLDg?list=FLTtUhI_MQRhiexmrxPg9TMw&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

Sorry wrong vid posted.

15. JeremyLintel

JeremyLintel Member

It's called being a team player

Jeremy Lin was the most excited I've seen him in post game interviews all season. I think Jeremy is genuinely happy that Douglas, Smith and Delfino played well and that the Rockets stole a game.

16. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

...[​IMG]

Well there really wasn't much to be asked, he hardly played and the time he did he had no impact lol

Thanks for the vid Clutch!
    I apologize if this has been answered before but what's up with Omer never giving interviews? :p is he just really shy?

I LOLed so hard at Kobe's shot. Great D by Lin, he can play some really smart, tough man to man defense, he did it on Lebron and Gallinari too.

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Yes, that's why we signed him to this contract, for his objectivity.

18. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

This makes me laugh.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Maybe because benching him was a good coaching decision.(for this game at least.)

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

True, but because of that, the crowd around him is usually larger, believe it or not -- they want his reaction on not playing, or his thoughts on Greg Smith, etc. There is a lot of media there from China or Taiwan too and they are there for Lin primarily.

I don't know why exactly, but he despises the process of giving interviews... he sweats and is nervous. I am guessing he is self-conscious of his English skills, though I don't know that for sure.