1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Is Terrence Williams a point guard? He thinks so. (w/ video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2011.

1. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

AB is the sparkplug we need off the bench, right now AB is playing frustrated he has to go out every night win or lose and showcase himself for that contract next year. I would love to keep him as our 6th man, only if TW has the promise of developing into the 6'6 PG he says he can be (I think he can).

The one sole thing that intrigues me about this is the height he will have at the position, the guy is also built. Reading the thread title alone made me think of Magic. Will he be as good as him, no, but the guy has crazy crazy Potential.

Would the rockets trade away Kyle making AB our solid 6th man.

2. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

"defensive player of the year as a point guard...that's what I want"

Thanks for the video.

3. BasketballMind

AB would need to be humble and accept that he will be coming off the bench as a 6th man to be the "spark plug"

Otherwise, he would just be another player off the bench...Right now, he's just another player off the bench because he's obviously frustrated with his role.

Although it's hard accepting a role like that when he, and Leon Rose and nym feel he could be a starter on another team.

Plus, Rockets aren't going to pay him what he thinks he deserves coming off the bench...he'd be a cancer to the team. The MIP award changed everything.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Wow, thats more than just training with him. GPhas literally taken this guy under his wing. That's huge. Now that i think about it, there's definitely some similarities in their game and attitude. What i like about Twill is he's got more an old school handle. You're not going to see him carry the ball or hang his dribble like a lot of these younger point guards. I think it even throws off a lot of defenders just because they're used to palming and hesitation dribbles.

5. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Im with what he said^ :grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How can you not like a guy who looks up to Battier and Payton? :)

7. RocketMania1991

If he could do it successfully and efficiently enough it would be great for the team.

Probably my favorite young player on the team behind Patterson.

8. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Exactly why AB is a big trade chip

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I'm always apprehensive when it comes to players self-diagnosing their 'true' position.

From the limited playing time T-Will has received, he's shown a knack for getting to the rim and setting people up to score. But that doesnt necessarily make him a natural point guard by any stretch. Clutch's analysis was probably the best in that if he does go on to become a regular contributor, he's going to likely play the 2 spot much the same way T-Mac did.

10. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

The way AB has been playing, i pray he's on his way out along with Hill&Miller :grin:

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

only issue i have with him as a point guard is he has been dribbling into trouble and forcing up contested shots.

12. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

I'm getting a strong sense that TWill is our starting point guard of the very near future.

It seems ABrooks days as a Rocket are numbered. Even KLowry is expendable with TWill at the helm.

I remember when RAlston was traded and, all of the sudden, ABrooks was our starting point guard ... Huummm

13. BasketballMind

One thing I love about Lowry though is that he pushes the ball everytime...

If Williams can do that along with his talents...he would be a great player for the Rockets at the 1.

Even more great is that he wouldn't have to try as hard to score in the paint as Lowry. The dude can fly.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, just like our other two point guards....

I haven't really seen him do this much though...are you refering to one specific game?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lowry's year has proven to me that he is a great backup PG, but you can't push it in the playoffs and be effective you are going to have to score it.

His % have been dropping back to normal again.....and neither he nor AB is inspiring right now.

DD

16. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

As long as DaDakota doesn't think so, I think he has a chance.

17. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

dammit, sorry Terrence :(

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

It would but it doesn't if rarely ever works out for guys 6'5" or taller. They start getting the lower back pains and spasms not too long into the season. Another thing is little guys are still incredibly fast especially NBA little guys. Once AB gets 100% have T.Will guard him in practice a couple sessions. I doubt Payton's stay low keep suggestion will do much good once pain starts setting in.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I just want to see the guy on the court for goodness sake. Whether it's at PG, SG, SF, it doesn't matter to me... just give him a chance.

20. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Why put him at PG when our SF position is filled by one-dimensional player? It makes no sense to trade AB and Lowry and start Terrence at PG when we can keep both and start Terrence at SF.