1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Harden's Debut Means Party Just Getting Started in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was very excited about the now and the future of the Rockets before reading this but, this has me even more stoked!!! Yes there is light, a plan in place that is finally taking shape and it feels fantastic!!

Good stuff clutch!!

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

3. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

Why are people giving Harden so much credit?? I loved what I saw but the defense is clearly focused on Lin, which is opening up the floor for the other players.

4. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Did you see that on one play Harden pretty much blazed through all defenders to basket?

5. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Please don't mind divisive post like these. We have every reason to celebrate the Rockets now. ;)

6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

9 post since 2004? Somebody likes Harden.;)

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Did anyone catch fire when they made contact with his blazing body? you see how red hot hot his uniform was. red=fire

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Thread reminds me of this...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0rXwXXHh-Mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

And this post also says it all. I was starting to think Deckard and I might be dead before this happened.

Rocket fans should be around 90% excited. I am more around 100% excited, but, hey, what's the point of being a fan if you can't be a little bit too exuberant.

PS I reread some of the draftexpress analyses of Hardin as a prospect. Surprising they talked of how NBA folks were a bit worried about his lack of extreme athleticism, but he had a sort of "old man's game". To the extent that is true that is good and will hopefull help him avoid the injury bug or still play at star level for many years.

#49 glynch, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    ........................................................................................
    ........................................................................................
    "The Waterboy Prophecy"

11. MT1417

MT1417 Member

I knew Harden is a great player but I didn't know he's capable of playing like this. Had to remind myself constantly that it's only the first game so I shouldn't get too excited. Then again... it's only the first game with only 2 practices. Sorry, I failed and I'm still excited. :grin:

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You can't start a thread because you're an idiot

13. metalshred

metalshred Member

After a few years' mediocrity, the wait is officially over! Here we go on the way back to greatness. Go Rox!

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know, Clutch. Really? Six twix bars within a 24-hour period?

15. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Exactly what I was thinking, lol. Excellent article, Clutch. The sky is the limit for the youngster. Now that the Rockets truly have an identity, it's time to start fitting the rest of the pieces together. And let me say, it feels good :grin:

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am cautiously optimistic

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Don't get too excited now.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Had to be the fun-size ones. :)

Great read, Clutch. I can't believe how excited I am about this team. My wife, god love her, thinks it's cute that I'll randomly remind her we traded for James Harden. I haven't really talked Rockets with my Dad in years cause he's just over the NBA (thanks refs and flopping) and he's even into it. It helps that he watched him a lot at ASU since they lived out there when Harden was a Sun Devil.

There is definite buzz as evidenced by Halloween night when I answered the door wearing Rockets gear and I had no less than five dads yell from the driveway something along the lines of "how bout that trade!" or "you watching the game, I'm following it on my phone".

1 person likes this.
  19. ThaShark316_28

20. rocketsfan7

rocketsfan7 Member

As a recently minted Rockets fan, I am genuinely happy that the old school fans are as excited as I am.

Only been to Houston once in my life, for about a week, over 10 years ago. My memories are of the oval highway (brilliant idea), the shotgun under the seat of my hosts pickup truck (never saw a gun before) and the huge portion sizes. Decent hard working people. If the Rockets ever win this thing, expect me to visit Houston again and join you guys in the celebration.