1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Harden's Debut Means Party Just Getting Started in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 1, 2012.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

hadn't thought of waiving livingston as a cost saving move, but makes sense.

2. Mariachi ROCKET

My boy Bill Worrell gets me pumped! I saw the game last night but with the Pistons Commentators : /

3. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

boooooooo :p

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

As much as I do to, it'll be a great story for my kids, about how I watched illegal free streams because the evil corporation Comcast refused to service it's dear fans, and the championship rockets won it all through my tiny laptop screen.

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

A mirror of my thoughts. Glad to have a season start up without that looming stink of mediocrity. We have something to build with room for adding another huge player. I would like an alstar 3 and develop one of our rook 4s.

6. Classic

Classic Member

Bill was very excited!

I admit, as a long time fan these last few years were really draining. I am back on board and as excited as i've been since the start of the '08-'09 season.

7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Yup, we should be really excited Houston!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great read, Clutch! Now it's official. The Rockets are back on the national stage. This quote says it all:

"You need a star to get a star — that’s the reality of today’s NBA. The Rockets, miraculously, found a shortcut and now have one. They now sport a backcourt with potentially ten+ years ahead of them that is arguably the league’s most marketable right now, playing in a diverse city with no state income taxes and warm weather. Did I mention there’s a maximum contract slot soon to be available? I strongly suspect the stigma that has plagued the Rockets the past few years is ancient history and young, up-and-coming players could now eye Houston as a top NBA location for the coming years."

I absolutely agree with this. What's remarkable is that they're so young. It isn't like we traded for a 30 year old wing to play alongside Lin for the last few years of his career. This is a young stud SG, the 6th Man of the Year, who played a key role for his team in the playoffs during a run to the Finals last season, all at age 22. Now 23, and paired with 24 year old sensation Jeremy Lin, with one trade, and one game, the Rockets are not only relevant, but desirable as a free agent destination. What a stunning turnaround. Morey did it. He finally did it.

Regardless of the record we end up with this season, good times have returned for Rockets fans.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Great write up as always!

10. StevieCrossover

I feel sorry for Kevin Martin taking Harden's spot on the Thunder's bench. He's on a contract year and sitting on the bench.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

There's no question he's a superstar. There's no question in my mind that Presti pushed the button way too soon. There's no question we got a steal and won this trade big time. I don't care how good you think Lamb is gonna be down the road. He's not going to be better than Harden.

The question is...how does Morey get the next one? We really can afford to wait another 3 years to get a second max player in here. It needs to happen in the next year. How's it going to happen?

12. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdVJYEApIMk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZdVJYEApIMk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

13. highlander3128

It's a breath of fresh air especially without those annoying LOFvs LOH things. More threads like this please.

By the way, I'm pumped for the rest of the season.

14. highlander3128

Take that shxt out of this thread! :mad:

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

16. Classic

Classic Member

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That was 10 years ago... when Detroit was good enough to make the Eastern Conference Finals.

Not even close to being comparable.

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yup, and before that peoples excuse was "Yeah, but it was against bench players" even though that **** ain't right either. Some dudes are just haters, and people will always be there to make excuses.

Luckily, it doesn't matter Harden's gonna keep doing his thing while they're still chugging down that Haterade.

19. Classic

Classic Member

To the point, Jay Williams has never sniffed the NBA success that Harden has.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I liked the half joking invitation for another max contract guy. It's true, the season just became much more watchable for disinterested and casual fans, and hardcore fans alike. There is a foundation in place.