1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Harden, Howard show signs of real chemistry in dominating Spurs (w/ Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2013.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

That no look pass from Harden though.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden s the best playmaker on the team hence why we can get away with Beverley as a starter.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

its not really, 'get away' with beverley as a starter. hes simply a different type of player to Lin, thats no fault of his. Given that Harden is so ball dominant and such an elite triple threat allows him to shoulder the playmaking duties, along with Parsons/Dwight who fit well.

4. hbomb

hbomb Member

Howard and Harden is a MONSTER DUO.

Beautiful playing. Beautiful PnR with Lin.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is awesome but what will happen is folks will soon realize they do not need to guard Omer out there and it will close those lanes off for the Rockets.

DD

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

They've had 2 preseason games with Asik playing with them.

With time, they will learn how to use Asik more effectively. I can see Asik having a ton of open dunks because teams will leave him open to double Howard.

One thing I saw last night is that Howard is better at passing than I thought.

7. MONON

MONON Member

When they are foolish enough to "realize" that, our 3 point shots will open up. Sheezz! I'm beginning to think "DD" actually stands for Debbie Doubter. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. bongman

bongman Member

Not quite sure about this yet DD. Lin's assist to DH against the mavs and hardens bounce pass all happened cause Asik's man could not leave him which left DH for uncontested dunks. I feel that we need to give this a chance before abandoning it.

9. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Who was the Eastern Conference scout that said the Rockets were "overrated"? About that....

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

You can Harden has been working on his mid range J and he went God mode on Bellineli

There are 3 modes Harden goes into
    1) Normal Mode
    2) Beard Mode
    3) God Mode

We've only seen God mode twice, the one against Atlanta and the other against OKC. but with the moves Harden just did on Bellinelli it is safe to say he was in God Mode.

Damn I can watch those highlights all day

11. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Just a reminder.....

[​IMG]

12. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

someone's gotta make a gif out of that step back move

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

repost

Asik and Howard will be holding the finals trophy and DD will be crying about developing dmo and how we can get budinger back.

I usually side polar opposite on issues with DD and was glad to hear that DD doesnt like TT ..which is like my last bit of affirmation as we enter the season that TT is going to be the sh**it

14. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

with these highlights I don't think the Rockets are just aiming for a Western Conference appearance. The championship is within their reach

15. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

No Ginobili and Kawi, their sencond night of b2b, preseason game...I think it goes as expected.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

two best ways to use howard on offense end

1) P&R
    2) Crush Offense Board

The worst way to use him on offense end
    1) draw low post plays for him

17. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

Yes way.

Casspi's rise happened against other team's second units when Dwight and Harden were done for the night. Casspi was single-handedly keeping other teams at bay as there were times when he was the only Rocket who could score.

Casspi played so well without the superstars that he was allowed to audition with them where he either was non-existent or played lackluster.

(I'm so glad they stuck with him as #1 option at the 4, because he is obviously much more talented and has a higher IQ than DMo or Jones and just needed time to gel).

He only recently began to mesh with the superstars but I'd give Casspi more credit for his inflated preseason stats than I would H&H.

Casspi's rise has been like something straight out of 2K's my player..

- Plays garbage time
    - Goes to the main menu
    - Checks Rotation
    - Sees:

O. Casspi (+5)
    D. Motiejunas (-2)
    T. Jones (-3)

- Smiles
    - Repeats

18. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

They really looked impressive against the Spurs. I haven't had as much fun watching anything sports related in a while.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

How deep is a mole hill?

20. hltiki

hltiki Member

Harden was nasty...

although... i dont think the Spurs gave a single *** last night...