1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 4/21/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 20, 2016.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I hope we don't hear anymore crap about how Klay Thompson is a better SG than Harden. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but outside of putting the ball through the hoop his game is average. His supporting cast had some damn good performances yesterday. Iggy, Speights, Livingston, and Clark all killed us. If he were nearly as good as everyone thinks, GS would have buried us. If he were as good defensively as everyone thinks, he'd be guarding Harden too.

2. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

I didn't even think iggy flopped. I think James just got him off balance. There wasn't much of a push at all, barely any contact. The thought of an offensive foul call right there never crossed my mind. I was more concerned they would call him for traveling.

3. Ridge94-95

Ridge94-95 Member

Yup. that was probably the worst call I've seen all year, and their have been a lot.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow. that's unbelievable.

5. Fantasma Negro

Blow Steph and kick James, the world is funny. James needs to go full heel, he can't compete with the Curry circus, James isn't light skinned enough. He needs to stop giving interviews and start **** talking opponents on the court and just start killing dudes. Its going to take sacrifice, he's going to be in the olympics this summer so I fully expect him to live in the gym. The club scene will have to go but instead he could start smashing opposing team's cheerleaders and dancers. But seriously this incessant ridicule is ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Colin Cowherd has been an avid Harden hater for years. Gave him no credit last season.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don't get why you come to a Rockets forum for die-hard fans, but you didn't even watch a dozen games out of 82 all season, nor 1 in the playoffs...how do you call yourself a fan?

I hated nearly every second of this season. Watching it was like boiling my skin in hot oil, but I didn't miss a game.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

After Rockets win game 4 because their backs are against the wall with all the disrespect I wonder how will they respond once the media starts to praise them somewhat.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It was a bit high, but he didn't appear to extend the arm. I was more concerned about him missing, because that is a tough shot to down a legit shot on. A floater is easier from that spot, but he took a full form shot. I was afraid it would bounce off the back of the rim.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hopefully they don't. We don't deserve any credit and I don't think our locker room can handle any. We need that chip on our shoulder to have any shot of beating this team. I'm loving all the negative attention, or straight-up dismissal of our team from the national media. We deserve it after the way we played/looked all season. And hopefully it will eventually fuel the fire in our players' bellies.

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Seeing this highlight I'm also noticing more dirty stuff from GSW. At 2:30 I was wondering what Dwight was upset about, but I can see that Bogut was pulling on his damn shorts when he had position boxing him out. Refs need to take a closer look at atleast Bogut...jeez

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dwight Howard tells critics to 'shut up' about the Rockets' non-celebration<a href="https://t.co/fHdmcUTdSi">https://t.co/fHdmcUTdSi</a> <a href="https://t.co/GTOY4W97zt">pic.twitter.com/GTOY4W97zt</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/723602883640336384">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

Man I kinda get why they didn't celebrate. It's been such a shii season that you just knew GSW were gonna comeback and hit that shot at the buzzer. Perhaps they got flashbacks from Damian Lillard. I'm sure they all celebrated just fine after the game

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA L2M report cites five errors, including Warriors hold on Rockets inbounds TO, Harden push-off on jumper, Green hold in final second.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/723613831394533376">April 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rockets can beat them.

Feed the big man. Tired of seeing him go 4-5 FGs and the rest of the trash goes 7-30 shooting threes.

Dwight gets frustrated and he stops posting up. It would be nice if he gets a coach to coach him up.

Harden becomes ****ing lethargic every 3rd quarter and a space cadet.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It always seems like every L2M report has errors on both teams. It all conveniently events out.

GSW "holds" on all of these inbounds plays. It is so obvious. I don't know why the Rockets don't make a bigger point about this and even mention it to the refs before an inbounds play.

LOL at "Green hold in final seconds." Hold? More like body slam.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/04/L2M-GSW-HOU-4-21-16.pdf

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets about to start b**** slapping the Warriors like its 2013.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Most of the come back was due to Beverly hobbling around after he came back from treatment. McDaniels should have been out there playing his nagging defense... Would have kept the lead 10+ much longer.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree, he needs more time out there, especially against Livingston. I like PBev but he is just getting shot over by Shaun. He is just too short to deal with him consistently.