1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 3/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 12, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao who is saying he better them any of those guya... people are saying fact he better then shump. See that's what kills me like no one is saying that people.

I dont think he some amazing allstar lmao
    I just think he a body that can give us more then shump or at least a couple good games. That alone is worth it

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

Pretty sure Iggy 3 and Klay 3 from the back right corner should've been 2's.

3. WestendMassive

The last 2 minute report is infuriating:

Q4 00:10.8 Turnover: Traveling Stephen Curry Rockets CNC Video
    Comment: Curry (GSW) is fouled by Capela (HOU) prior to gathering the ball on the perimeter.
    Q4 00:08.0 Foul: Personal Clint Capela Stephen Curry CC
    Comment: Capela (HOU) delivers contact to Curry's (GSW) body during his drive towards the rim.

Watch the video - this is bullshit of the highest order. There's very little contact there, it's simply not a foul. Curry traveled and they bailed him out, and they're bailing him out in the L2M report as well.

Q4 00:02.5 Foul: Personal Chris Paul Andre Iguodala INC Video
    Comment: Paul (HOU) delivers contact to Iguodala's (GSW) body off ball as he attempts to commit a take foul.

Refs admit that they refused to call a foul which would have stopped the clock with 2.5 left and sent Iggy to the line. OK, that's great.
    But they ignore Curry blatantly grabbing hold of Gordon which allowed Iggy to get the ball.

Who wrote this thing? Scott Foster?

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Go check the House Vs Green Vs Tucker, thread, there is a dude in this thread who has argued House is better than Tucker. Alot of people argue for him being this big game changer when he probably isnt, he's a marginal role player right now. The expectations here are to high.

Yea thats all fine and good but that could mean almost nothing when it comes to the Warriors. Like, people complaining about House have also been using that as lazy criticism for why were losing. He's not the difference between winning and losing right now. I hope to be wrong but so far, it is what it is.

#1784 HP3, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    seemoreroyals likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I thought it was an intentional miss - but it didnt look evident bc he didnt hurl it off the back iron or anything like that...
    As I watched it, the shot looked like it had more air underneath than normal... like he was trying to get it to bounce off the front of the rim... imo...

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I think most folks (and MDA) are too caught up in trying to have a set rotation that gets utilized every game for a set amount of minutes... as opposed to fluctuating based on match up - and more importantly - playing the hot hand (whether thats as an offensive or defensive benefit)

We got 12 guys that can realistically be beneficial on any given night (giving Shump the benefit of the doubt). If somebody doesnt have it on a particular night - or if they're not hustlin and boxing out... next man up!

it isnt like 'go stand in the corner and wait to see if James kicks the ball out to you' requires all that much chemistry on offense... lol Plus it seems most of these guys do better before they get fully acclimated (GG coming off his couch last year, Rivers and Faried when they first got here...)
    ...and i would trust bzdelik to know who's understanding their defensive role... get his input...

I realize that all may not align with MDA's 'comfort' level... but when yer shooting for a championship - you gotta find every potentially beneficial opportunity you can...

#1786 kjayp, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Voltik and HP3 like this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

One they have played golden state with him starting n won......see that's the issue. He has been successful in the limited time. So he hasn't done anything on the court to not give him that time. U play him until he proves he cant help...in any chance u have gave him he has did enough

HP3 likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

In that game he pretty much canceled out Thompson with his defense on him.Tucker had Durant and House was on Thompson’s chops at every turn.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont have a problem with this. I get it. You and I both know for better or for worse, he doesnt like changing his main strategy, his whole thing even in Phoenix was "We dont play their game, they play ours." In this case though I agree, I dont think our roster is that versatile to where we can play different ways like say a Toronto Raptors.

I will say though, I love MDA but I think Mike's 'comfort' as you put it, has cost us two players(for at least this year) in Gary Clark and Hartenstein, I think these guys might have been able to help(maybe not amazingly but enough to give Tucker and Nene rest) had Mike gotten them ready this year. I've definitely come around to you there. I still think Gary should be taking back up at the 4.

Its a 10 game sample size, and GS clearly took it way easier in that game(on defense), I hate saying this and I hope to god Im wrong. Im hoping he comes up big for us. And his impact is more than just being a better Shumpert, I hope he makes into the starting rotation.

kjayp likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

TJones is 6'8, smaller than Capela and Faried so no, he doesn't have size to bang.

Capela doesn't need to bulk up because his body is naturally like a pogo stick. Bulking up would just lead to more stress on his joints and since Capela likes to run and dunk then adding weight would just shorten his career. Cousins, Gobert and Embiid are basically the only "traditional" big hulking centers left Capela shouldn't increase his risk of injury just for three guys.

I already said it but the Rox should get a big guy on the cheap ala Aaron Baynes or Andray Blatche, there are probably lots of guys like that in the GLeague hell GSW has two of those guys in Looney and Bogut and they are supposed to be the most top heavy team in the league.

He doesnt have to be skilled or extremely athletic just have a ton of heft and sticky hands to grab rebs. And then we onky play him to frustrate and wear out guys like Cousins.

11. Aj-June

Aj-June Member

I am not feeling very concerned after the last game. I didn't see anything out of the world from our opponents. It is upto us. If we can sort things out then we stand around 50-60% chance of winning a series against GSW even without the home court advantage. That game should not have ended so close. As a matter of fact, when your opponent is not able to close out games well, you are the one with the psychological edge.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

That's not realistic for him to start tho...cause they gonna start vets right now which I agree with.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea and I'm fine with that. If Shumpert continues to play like he is though, House should absolutely take his minutes. I still have hope for him though.

14. BigBum

BigBum Member

nba.com L2M report:
    Reviewers are Scott Foster and Tony Brother?

Q4 Time: 00:06.4 Call Type: Turnover: Lane Violation
    Committing Player: Disadvantaged Player: Review Decision: Video Url: Video
    Comment: [Observable in enhanced video] Harden (HOU) enters the lane prior to the basketball hitting the rim on his free throw attempt.

Q4 Time: 00:10.8 Call Type: Turnover: Traveling
    Committing Player: Stephen Curry Disadvantaged Player: Rockets Review Decision: CNC Video Url: Video
    Comment: Curry (GSW) is fouled by Capela (HOU) prior to gathering the ball on the perimeter.

00:10.8 To 00:08.0
    Period: Q4 Time: 00:10.8 Call Type: Foul: Personal Committing Player: James Harden Disadvantaged Player: Stephen Curry Review Decision: CNC Video Url: Video
    Comment: Harden (HOU) briefly engages with Curry (GSW) prior to the inbound pass.

Curry (GSW) is 2 fouled by Capela and Harden prior to gathering the ball on the perimeter??

#1794 BigBum, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019