1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 1/20/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 19, 2018.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Right in front of dream to see. Nice slo-mo pretty sick.

RocketWalta, BigMaloe, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just watched the re-telecast on NBATV, and they did a nice job of cutting out the commercial breaks in the last two minutes to fit the broadcast into under two hours. Nice surprise!!

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

We can. dallas beat Miami super team. If u think u can't why play the game

BigMaloe, Pen15clubber and Tfor3 like this.
  4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Regular season hype is meaningless, save it for the playoffs, where it matters.

Be confident, not overconfident.

Lets roll!!

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Sick camera angle with Dream in the background!

saleem and Drogba like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I love this!

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Love it

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

What a win.

Harden limited, Gordon played his worst game of the season, Ariza and green out, Anderson refusing to shoot...

But the big 3 were the massive 3. Tucker came up big. Anderson somewhat redeemed himself on the boards. Moute was everywhere.

Huge W on super prime time over the defending champs.

Remlap, D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This was my comment after our second game against the Warriors this season.

And it rings true now more than ever.

When our defensive lineup is in we can play Warriors-level defense on the perimeter and make life hell for them.

When CP3, Mbah a Moute, Ariza and Tucker are all switching the p’n’r action they’re going to turn into an iso-ball team when push comes to shove.

When those players are involved in the action our switching looks fluid and our defense looks fantastic.

As we saw with the two 3 point fouls (both should’ve been offensive fouls but I digress…) when it’s Ryan Anderson involved in the p’n’r – the IQ isn’t there. Missed/incorrect switches leaving them wide open.

Those back to back plays where no one picked up a Warrior on the 3 point line and they drilled back to back 3s simply cannot happen.

It’s these types of things that this team needs to remove from their game as much as possible in order to beat the Warriors in a series.

It can be done, and I honestly believe we can do it if we’re allowed to. Here’s looking at you NBA.

The Cavs were embarrassing Steph Curry in the first half of their game the other day, he had no idea how to defend the action when he was constantly being picked on. Big Cavs lead. They go away from it and look what happens.

I’m glad this team realises the one weakness that Warriors team has defensively. It sounds like it will be something that’ll be exploited come playoff time.

RocketWalta, Reeko, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Success is based on results. Dude just scored 5 pts, let his opponent score 20+ pts and then has one of the worst negative +/- for the game.

Ariza+Anderson would equal 26M in salary or equal to a max salary. Which team is gonna give up the chance to sign a max player for Ariza and Anderson? Morey has been looking to trade Anderson since last year, its hard to find takers for a player who will make 20M and only give you 10 pts per game with lousy defense and rebounding.

Vindicator likes this.
  11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Agree or disagree?

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he helped us then he wouldn't be one of the few with negative +/-. 2 wide open 3s equal just 6 pts, Green had 21.

The only good thing Anderson had were 4 offensive rebounds which admittedly were pretty good. No offense, no defense no wonder he had negative +/- for the game. The reason we won was because of Luc and Tucker, if we had to rely on freaking Anderson to fill gaps between Harden and Cp3 we would have lost for sure.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

RS is long PO is short, I love and need regular season hype more than offseason... i live in the moment and need that hype day to day....rs is real life po is like a dream...its ultra short and its not real

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and they say harden isnt athletic..you got to be among the best of the athletes to be able to pull off this move

15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You didn't look at the stats nor closely at the game did you? I looked at what Anderson did the entire game and he was a glue key defender. He had the most rebounds at 13 and was the best consistent interior defender the entire game. The man has size, skill and strength while being the healthiest for the longest stretch of his career and maybe serves an alternate role on this team... just not for that salary.

#1655 Liberon, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Any of you "gif gurus" have gifs of Harden's step back 3 over Stephanie and the subsequent block?

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Harden is a tank. Very strong.

saleem likes this.
  18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Luc needs to really eat into Ariza's minutes for the rest of the year. Luc's at 26 MPG, Ariza's at 36 MPG. D'antoni must give luc those extra 4-5 minutes, at least. Green needs to play over Ariza a little as well because the man is old with a lot of mileage. And it shows. His mobility slipped greatly by december. Green should not be in the playoff rotation however.

Hell, I'd even be a fan of Harden getting 32-33 mpg for the rest of the year. I doubt D'antoni is disciplined enough though.

Vindicator and vince like this.
  19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just hope he can be back to where he was before the injury physical wise... I mean be able to beat his man off a dribble or eurostep with an uncontested shot at the rim.

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

This gave me chills. I wanted to run through a wall after I heard it during is the game. I knew 100 percent then we was gonna win

Tfor3 likes this.