1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/15/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here are a few of them...

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, man! One of the downsides to living in Austin. Thanks so much for the taste, Clutch. It's really appreciated. I hope Bill sticks around for another season. He's getting up there, and Bill seems to have more energy for some of the games he still calls, compared to some of the others (when I figure he's had a late night! ;)), but it's really hard for me to imagine the Rockets without his presence. It seems like he's been with the team forever, through the good times and the bad, and there have been plenty of bad times. :cool:

Past time for some really good times again!

Kendrick Lamar and deb4rockets like this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

All it takes is one of them getting hot to still a game or 2. Basketball is a fun game to watch, you should try it

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

neither of them are guys im worried about beating a team in the playoffs at this point.

basketball is fun? ok. apparently something made you think it was boring

5. hakeemthagreat

Well you should be. Both are veterans who can hit big shots, especially Crawford. There was a point a few years back where Crawford KILLED the Rockets. The fact PJ Tucker had problems guarding Teague should tell you what would happen if say Ryan Anderson gets switched on him

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

no i shouldn't be. like i said at this point its not a concern. you're welcome to be frightened by them though

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets are scared. Plain and simple. Look absolutely shook.

8. hakeemthagreat

According to Yolo...Guys like Teague aren't a factor and we shouldn't be worried smh
    My response

Well looks like the Wolves stole a game tonite & Teague killed us

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you really want to do this again.

lets bet what happens next game then

10. hakeemthagreat

Yeah but i specifically posted how Teague could possibly hurt us on switches, leading to the Wolves stealing a game. You responded like Teague's a scrub & incapable of any of this. Goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

And you specifically had to wait games for anything to happen lol. I mean eventually they were bound to do something. So if game 3 shows I have no idea what I'm talking about. What did game 2 show ? That you're just a moron? Oh wait that doesn't apply to your agenda. Bc you can just skip that. Right

Again lets bet what happens next game. But I'm sure you won't bc you're just all talk behind that keyboard. since you want to revisit this so much I'll now continue doing the same for the next 2 games when the series is over

12. hakeemthagreat

That's the point. I SPECIFICALLY mentioned guys like Teague eventually hurting us. He's dangerous because he's quick, can score & a pest on defense. But according to the all mighty Yolo, we shouldn't be worried about scrubs like Jeff Teague. You guys don't know much basketball outside of boxscore stats & ESPN highlights.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm still not worried about Jeff Teague. Don't worry you'll hear plenty soon in the next 2 games since you love this so much

Please spare me your belief of being a basketball guru. You have no idea.

14. hakeemthagreat

Guru is a bit much. I jus enjoy the X's & O's of basketball. You went out ur way 2 tell us not 2 worry about guys like Teague, only for him 2 do exactly what I said he'd do. We should be a bit worried if our best defenders are having problems guarding him

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah its funny how your x's and o's dont realize what the rockets are doing defensively. anyways i see you keep avoiding what i keep bringing up. go enjoy watching teague for 2 more games

16. hakeemthagreat

According to you, game 3 should've NEVER happened. But it did and you're PRAYING Teague doesn't go off again. Minnesota already stole a game & Teague's one of the main reasons, so theres nothing else to argue really. Jeff Teague has given us fits in almost every game this series. He is a factor and we need to make adjustments guarding him

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone has more turnovers than points at 3 to 2. can you guess who @hakeemthagreat

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. hakeemthagreat

I left the Teague argument alone after game 3, when you posted about him not ever being a factor. It's over, you were wrong, move on now