1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Roberson aint going for 18 or whatever points again. Oladipo not going for 1/12. So they cancel out. Russ may have a slightly better game. Rest will be more or less thereabout

For the Rockets, Harden will be Harden. Bev will be Bev, may not score as many but will still be out there making the big plays. One of EGoo or Lou will show up and that will be the decider and one of Rhyno or Trev will show up. OKC got no chance. Maybe the best they hope for is a single digit L, an L nevertheless

2. RCPM

RCPM Member

Rockets win by 20+...proves Westbrook is player of decade!

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

We've been up by double digits in every single game we've played against them. We've controlled the game through 3 quarters every time. The only reason why 3 of the games were close was because we straight up collapsed in the 4th quarter. Harden was playing well below average, and OKC still could not beat us. Westbrook had a 49 point game and still lost. He had a 39 point triple double and still lost.

Rockets>>>>OKC

Chanmarr, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao, that was the game plan....

Roberson was supposed to be left open, he's 1 of the worst 3 point shooters in the NBA. Harden's job was to crowd the paint. He was active and led the team in steals and had several deflections. If u think he played absolutely zero defense in game 1 then u weren't paying attention.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you realize that we held OKC under 90 points by clogging the paint right?

and harden had a stellar 37 pt 9 assist 2 turnover game and thos aggressive drives to the hoop

because he didn't have to chase Andre Roberson

I'll take him being the second leasing scorer heck I'll be happy if he takes the rest of the shots after WB.. that will be a sweep for sure

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Worried about the time off, because I like the team to keep the rhythm... Happy about the time off because Beverley can rest his back a little more.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WTH, was everybody in on Mikey Ds coaching circle? Did everybody get a copy of the game plan or somethin? Did the Rockets or email yall game strategies? I for one, did not know the game plan and it doesnt help that Harden usually plays that kind of defense anyway but thanks for the heads up guys.
    Lulz. The biggest Harden dick rider defending Harden once again about his defense(even though it was the game plan apparently). No, I didnt realize after watching the game live, then re-watching the game. Do tell me more...

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

On the very first 3-point attempt by Roberson which also happened to be the first made basket by the Thunder in the entire game, Bill Worrell said that the Rockets' gameplan was to concede that shot to him. And we all know Bill ain't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed these days. So if even he's cognizant of that strategy, I'm pretty sure Billy Donovan and his staff are as well.

The extra time off is a good thing. My concern is the quick turnaround from Friday night to Sunday afternoon between Games 3 and 4, especially with regard to Nene.

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He always hangs around in the paint. It keeps his rebound numbers up, and makes it easier to avoid fouling out. He's never been a Beverley type go all out defensive player. He's our triple double man, who focuses on other things. But, he did get 3 steals in the game, which is probably his best defense ever, so I was happy.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Our defensive gameplan worked.

I wonder if they bring in Sabonis. Too bad we don't have DMO to counter.

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. donkeypunch

Gotcha. Watched on TNT. All they did was compare Hardens numbers to Westbrooks. Thanks once again.

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

OKC is so underwhelming offensively. It isn't because of lack of talent either. It's because OKC's role players aren't allowed to get in a groove.

The defensive game plan of letting Bev play on an island is brilliant. Let Westbrook come crashing down the lane, because we will just pack the paint off of Roberson.

skroodup25 likes this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

OKC adjustments will be

1. Gibson at the 5 to allow switching

2. attack Beverley early to get him in foul trouble

DonKnock, BigMaloe and da_juice like this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

So u mean to tell me that u watched the game and really couldn't figure out what the defensive game plan was? You really didn't realize that Harden was supposed to sag off of Roberson and clog the paint? Wow...

15. donkeypunch

Look dood, Harden is no defensive prowess. How about you take your all-knowing basketball mind and go work for a sports network or something, or better yet go ahead and tell me right here and now what the next game plan is cause OKC is going to adjust.

The fact that he usually plays defense like that, does him no favors. Like I said in a reply to count dough ku, I watched the game on TNT, so I didnt have the privilege of Bill Worrell telling me that was the game plan fromt the very first shot.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I watched it on TNT too. I had no idea what Bill Worrell was saying, nor would I have needed him to tell me that the game plan was to have Harden sag off of Roberson and clog the point. That was just obvious.

Nobody said that Harden was some great defender, but to say that he played absolutely zero defense in game 1 because he was leaving a 25% 3 point shooter in Roberson wide open like he was supposed to is dumb.

rocketman84 and BigMaloe like this.
  17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Let's improve Westbrook's MVP validity by beating them again!

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Scored some tickets in the lower bowl. Don't worry I'll be early.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This will be another blowout.
    typical sheeple doesn't watch the game and proceeds to attack harden for playing zero d. Get your head out of your ass, and stop repeating that trash sht that harden plays no defense. Watch harden some more and try to pay attention this time , fking sheeple.

linvetb6 likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What's the best way of keeping Westbrook out of transition? In game 1 we crashed the offensive glass hard so he didn't have many opportunities, but I don't think we can rely on outrebounding them every game. Plus, we scored a ton. If they adjust they way I think they will and put Gibson at the backup 5, the layups will be harder to come by.