1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Another blow out.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I think the thunder show up to play this game. They lose only by 20pts this time around. All in all a good effort by okc.

4. jogo

jogo Member

The confidence is strong on this board. Look, the Thunder played us close on 3 of 4 games this season. The Rockets can't come in overconfident-that was just one game last night.

Vivi and Deckard like this.
  5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I think our shooters finally find their shots at the same time. Its been a while since Ego, Anderson, Ariza, Harden and Lou all had a groove around the same time at all lol. I bet three of them will kill it beyond the arc. We need a 3-confidence game, heh. Bev and our centers were great along with Harden last game, and we feasted on 2nd opportunities.

Id love to see someone take Adams to the ground, but Im sure itd be called against us.

Anyways, no cockiness tho, go in like you lost the last game. Dont live by the 3, but sink em when youre open. Do that against OKC and we could be up 20 at halftime.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. chandlerswyng

chandlerswyng Member

GO ROCKETS GO!

7. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Okc gonna come outta the gate poised. Just stay within striking distance and make a run after their adrenaline dwindles down

8. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Cautiously excited. OKC is going to make adjustments, but I expect Rockets will counter with their own adjustments. Rockets to rain 3's

PyroTex, bro2044 and DonKnock like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I expect this game to be one of cat and mouse.

Thunder decided to cover our shooters and left the paint unattended, which is why we went ham on boards and points in the paint.

Donovan makes an adjustment and tries to keep us guessing this time.

Maybe switch defensive plans after assignments and such..

Their game plan was too predictable last time and ROckets took advantage of it.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Teams like SAS and GSW will switch-up sending help sometimes, and from where....that is not easy....it is not as easy as just telling your team to stick to the shooters, and make Harden beat you on drives with a roller. But it beats us, if you can do it. So, you switch it up like SAS/GSW..., early help, late help, from strongside, from weakside, and no help ... but the latter requires a quality defender on Harden with a quality rim protector...if/when Harden reads the no-help correctly.

So, I don't think OKC is well-oiled enough as a team (inline with what you've been saying all day, because they haven't been about winning) to execute sophisticated help-defense coming from different angles. Harden will pick them apart as we did in Game 4 of this season, and the open shooters will be found.

OldYelllowDog, Zboy, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  11. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Gotta make sure we don't rest on our laurels here. No excuse to not be heading to OKC up 2-0.

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

when do they announce the mvp?

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I just hope Harden plays defense going forward in the next games. He played absolute zero defense in game 1. Going back and watching it he was just hanging around the paint and leaving Roberson wide open every time.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Time to deploy the heavy artillery. 30 of 50 on threes, another uninteresting win.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Keep calm and make shots.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's a 10am game here in Sydney.

Thankfully there'll be no one else here to judge the fact I'll be having a Southern Comfort at 9:59am.

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I'd join you if I didn't have to be at my bloody desk. It's not like I'm doing anything productive anyway, ffs.

BigMaloe and No Chill Rocket like this.
  18. chandlerswyng

chandlerswyng Member

I just moved to Sydney a month and a half ago! Living in central. Are there any Houston fans that watch the game together?

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I know that pain all too well.

The past couple years of my job before I resigned - I actually saved up my holidays so I could take each day that a Playoff game was on - off.

Where did you move to Sydney from?

Not that I'm aware of - considering the majority of Rockets games aren't broadcast on ESPN over here throughout the span of a season - most fans are left to watch it at their own house with League Pass (I'm assuming)

But I would definitely be up for meeting any Rockets fans in Sydney at a bar in the near future when our games are more regularly shown in the later rounds (fingers crossed)

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think that was intentional though. The Rockets all but broadcast to the Thunder that they were gonna give up open 3's to Roberson and live with the outcome. It's actually not a bad strategy given his shooting percentage. The guy you wanna stick with is Oladipo. He can actually make 3-pointers on a semi-consistent basis.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.