1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 4/19/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

True. Lou and Eric didn't wake up from hibernation until GM 2. Here's to Ryan doing the same in GM 3

deb4rockets, hakeem94 and ramotadab like this.
  2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Game 3 will be Ryan Anderson's coming out game. He's due.

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Hope y'all didn't jinx him.

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

For all of the talk about Lou Williams having historically horrific playoff numbers
    he came up BIG last night. THANKS LOU!!

hakeem94, ISOBall and the shark like this.
  5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Westbrook would have him fired. You don't get it Westbrook runs that team and Oklahoma will do everything to not lose the last superstar of the big 3. he knows he can do whatever he wants and they will bend over, shut up, and take it. he doesn't want to play for that team so as long as he gets to chuck up as many shots, grab all the boards his teammates let him have, and do what he wants he's happy. all he cares about is winning awards and MVPs. Haven't you ever watched an All-Star game? he talks of the ball every time he touches it to make sure he wins.

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

EGo and Lou were huge as the two headed bench monster. Bev was clutch as well. Everyone except Ryno contributed. When he gets going, OKC doesn't stand a chance.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

while I agree with Harden, I don't like name dropping in those interviews. I mean I know it's not like Anderson doesn't know he's not talking about him especially, I just think it's better not to name drop

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

leave the big fella alone! Hes contributed on defense as well as on offense to the eye who can notice...:D

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You are looking at it entirely the wrong way.

10. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

how should I be looking at it? I mean with shooting a lot of it is mental if there are no physical issues or fatigue.

If i am Ryan Anderson then I would practice doing everything else such as dribbling, driving it in, lay up drills, post moves, just doing general basketball drills and then shooting here and there. in a game if your shot is off you can always use the fact that you're a very good shooter to open up the rest of your game such as what I mentioned above. and just making shots in the game will boost your confidence. You need to see the ball go in and sometimes and that's all it takes.

if all you do is shoot shoot shoot shoot in practice and the games then you're putting a lot of this pressure on you to score only in one way. That's how you hit major slumps.

rhee likes this.
  11. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Bravo Rockets. They really played as a team, stuck together and took the W. Im glad to see that WE were the team losing most of the game and come back to win at the end. We gave away W's over the regular season.

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I switched the game over to Root sports because TNT was saying "triple double" at nauseating levels.
    Well news to you TNT, triple double does not equate to winning. You wanted Westbrook to win that game so much saying that dayum word.

13. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Adams foul trouble was very important for us
    he was +18.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

getting ready for the next one

15. rockets13champs

He's a better road player

bizzy045 likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Game3 is must win

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I assume you mean for OKC......

18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

A lot of times in practice, shooters get clean passes and they catch and shoot no problem. In the playoffs, when you're open and you catch it even if it's not off of a clean pass players tend to shoot it quickly without setting up either before or during the shot and that can be all the difference between a make in a miss.

A great point guard can turn a terrible shooter into a bad shooter and a good shooter into a great shooter. A bad point guard will be hesitant to pass it because they don't want him to miss it and that pass is not the pass you want before someone shoots it, but sometimes its the onky thing thats available and a great shooter knows how to catch it, get in rhythm and shoot it in ine motion either before or during the shot.

19. rockets13champs

You don't wanna prolonged the series. We don't want Spurs to get 1 week off and not us

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Still doesn't make this a must-win.