1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 3/22/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Deb with the location flex.

snowconeman22 and Tfor3 like this.
  2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wait. What????

Patience likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Remix

Remix Member

61 points in a WIN with every one of those points needed and you have idiots on NBA TV pointing out how he only had 1 assist....

bro2044 and DreamShook like this.
  5. anchel

anchel Member

- House has to start. Gordon is undersized defending 1on1 finishes, can't rebound, will commit mistakes off the ball and in transition and won't give you any intangibles defensively (House can get loose balls, long rebounds, block shots, deflections). Offensively against good teams, I got the impression that House makes better decisions and makes our offense more balanced. Harden takes some "cheap shots" out of scheme or rythm (let's say, not high IQ shots) but you pass em because is Harden. But when you add some of the same shots by Gordon your offense becomes too predictable and defendable against well organized defenses. I see more balance offensively too with House penetrating, dishing and his overall athletic game. I have no doubt this team would be better with House starting.

- I miss Rivers. I don't care if he misses shots, his role on this team is to defend aggressive outside, that physical presence and toughness and some penetrations offensively. If we have brought in Shump to make disappear Rivers, who was a KEY part of our run without Paul, that's not smart or does not make us better at all. Shump should be an insurance for the other guards and in any casy a replacement on the rotation for Green. We are just not good enough defensively. We can make enough shots, even easier if we get stops and can run more often. Defensive players like Shump OR CLARK (against taller teams) will make our team better than Green's minutes. And I love Green. But it is what it is, this team when it's fully healthy needs defense, size, rebounding, more than points. It's about balance.

- Lastly..... man, this was a game for Faried!!! Nene is my top choice still to sub Clint against most of playoff opponents. But Faried CAN play against SAS, specially when Lamarcus is resting. He can outplay Poeltl, he can finish strong against Spurs players, create some fouls and even give you some extra offensive rebounds. Defensively there are worst teams for him, the Spurs rely their offense with the second unit on the speed and aggressiveness of their wings, not that much on p&r's or bigs posting up, where Faried is harmful. He should have played today.

We have a really long roster, but D'Antoni better starts learning how to manage it. I understand he's still learning what he has, and certainly you have time to react along a long 7 game playoff series, but I want him to start making better rotational decisions on the last part of the RS or personally won't be optimistic about the playoffs.

#945 anchel, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  6. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Yep He got caught pawning the merchandise and then he entered drug rehab

BeBreezy and Patience like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like Butch on the Post game more than Kevin Eschenfelder, @ me your displeasure.

8. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He needs quality rest so his legs aren’t shot. Clark should have been in the game instead of House who wasn’t having a good game.

9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

I hope House gets his mojo back

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isn't that Isla Nublar territory?

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This season James Harden has been on another level of clutchness. Game-winners, 4th quarter takeovers...even critical defensive stops. And yet, people want to vote for Giannis for MVP? Seriously? Where would the Rockets be this season without James? Probably in the lottery.

I just want to see the man get the respect he deserves. Once he gets that chip, the tune will change, I think...but they better not forget: the folks on Clutchfans knew first

bro2044, DaDakota and DavidRocket like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

13. mikol13

Supporting Member

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That might have been the hardest thing I’ve ever typed out, but I was keeping in mind not only where harden’s at right now but where he’ll end up.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. mikol13

Supporting Member

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm with you!! House payments in deferment. House needs to get back to being aggressive an not looking to Jim.

House turned the ball over because he was so thirsty to get Harden the ball back when he is a capable 1v1 defender.

Rox Addict and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a hooper! I hoop!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. alethios

alethios Member

Wow what a great day for Houston. Cougs pummeled Georgia St and Harden pummeled the Spurs.

Coog4Rockets, Roc Paint and dc rock like this.
  20. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

How many steps did Harden take on that walk-up 3? I counted four. Three would be generous. But you're not gonna get that call if you don't even step up and guard him.

Swish.

macho GRANDE likes this.