1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/9/2004 [TNT]

Even without Duncan dominating lately -- he's averaging 17.7 points over the last six games -- San Antonio keeps winning with strong defense and solid offensive contributions from the supporting cast. (8 game winning streak heading into Seattle tonight)

My only hope for this game lies in the improved play of late from our big two (Yao and TMac) and the struggles of TDuncan..

Spurs will be coming back to Texas after battling with the suprise team of the West the Sonics. With no time to rest and playing Houston at home where the Rox are not defending their home court to well this season. I expect a strong game from our big two where they have a definite mismatch Tmac vs. Manu and Yao vs. Rasho.

Expect TDuncan to spend alot of minutes guarding Yao and vice versa as Yao may be our only hope of slowing down Timmy.

Sura has been playing well as of late and has been a breath of fresh air with his toughness and hustle.

Yao has been picking up his game lately and is due for a breakout performance and if he continues to attack the basket he be in for one Thursday. I expect his line to be around 30pts/18rebs/6blks

TMac has also been given the green light but is settling for outside shots which are not connecting. I expect him to focus on attacking the basket and getting to the FT line. 39pts/8rebs/9assists

I just hope the rest of team can step in and make plays and continue to protect the ball.. teams stats from our last 3 games.

51rebs 17 assists 13 TO (OT game)
    47rebs 17 assists 11 TO
    41rebs 21 assists 10 TO

If can make some shots and continue to keep TO's down we have a definite chance to win this game.

J

3. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Duncan isn't going to be spending much time guarding Yao. The Spurs will put Radoslav Nesterovic on him for most of the night with Duncan guarding him when needed.
    Whatever foward we have guarding TD will get torched. I'd rather not have Yao try and guard him either because he'll be getting into foul trouble, but might not have any other choice.
    We can only hope that the Sonics run the Spurs down for us but other than that we will have to play the best game of the season to get by the Spurs. We can barely got by NO and the Sixers at home...

I can't stand the Spurs but this could get ugly... :(

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Going to be a really ugly game....

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rockets will only score 7 points in their first quarter.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

With the Spers in the second game of a back to back, I hope they will be tired and lethargic. Not bloody likely, but I can hope, can't I?

I want a win and think we will get one because every game I have watched from a luxury suite we have won and I will be in a suite 2morrow.

7. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

After Spurs massacre the Rox, Van Grumpy will be fired. :D

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Be sure to bring a Pillow and Blanket 4 this one. Its sure to be a snoZzZzZer!

9. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

18 rebounds for Yao? Have you lost your mind?

10. fa7999

fa7999 Member

About the upcoming Spurs game

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good:

Yao >> Rasho
    Tmac > Ginobli

The bad:
    JJ < Bowen
    AB + Sura + Ward + Lue <<< Parker
    Rockets bench << Spurs bench

the ugly:
    Howard + Mo + Spoon + Padgett <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< TD
    JVG <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Popovich

And the result:

Spurs lead by 30 after 3 quarters. Rockets pulls within 20 in 4th quarter taking advantage of all 5 Spurs starters resting on the bench.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Spurs 83
    Rockets 87

This is going to turn it all around.

And oh yeah, first. :)

12. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

damn going by the last couple of games that would put the score at the end of the 3rd somewhere around 45 - 75 Spurs...

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

WOOOO!

Rockets win!!

80-76

14. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Rockets 82
    Spurs 78

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

We get killed...

Rox: 75

Spurs: 99

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I always thought we'd be able to play the Spurs with our half court game, with the combination of Yao-inside and TMac-outside. I don't know about it now after more than half a dozen games, we are not making any progress. We actually move backward.

If we can only average 80pt vs the NO, how can we score against the Spurs' D?

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Merged.

Muhahaha :p

Rockets will lose badly tonight.

91-65

18. fa7999

fa7999 Member

How? Asking Berry to shoot 3s into our baskets?

19. fa7999

fa7999 Member

93-66.

TMac 6-28 from the field; Yao 20 point lead the Rockets. The rest of the team shoot 10-37 from the field, and we shoot 3-20 from 3 balls including 1-7 by TMac.

20. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

We lose. Just hope that it's a nail biter. Spurs by 1.