1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 10/13/2017 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

isn't pringles on record as saying he's not planning any sets or plays to integrate cp3 with harden, and he's just gonna let them figure it out on their own?

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm really surprised how lackadaisical and casual Harden is playing with all his talk of losing weight, being in better shape. The guy is all talk. He's lazy as I've ever seen him and the majority here who chalk it up to pre-season, just watch the opener against GSW and watch Harden doing the same things he's been doing. It's force of habit.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm willing to give him at least a week into the regular season before agreeing with this, but i will say all his lazy bounce pass turnovers into the paint lately have not been fun to watch.

cheke64, Vivi and D-rock like this.
  4. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

The people banging on capela don't ever seem to mention that he only looks bad or overmatched when he's going up against 2 bigs..... I mean I think capela is great but wtf do you guys expect? He can't guard both. He can't box out both. He can't contest both. He can't dunk on both. When he gets an offensive rebound both guys are standing over him.... truth is that there isn't too many times where Clint gets outmatched 1 on 1.

He's not getting any help from Ryno on defense.. and literally none on the glass

LonghornFan and buffalobills!!! like this.
  5. buffalobills!!!

Ryan Anderson is up there with Kevin Martin for most hated Rocket

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Haha. I don't know if either of those guys are top 10 most-hated Rockets.

In no particular order:
    Pippen
    Barkley
    Fisher
    R. White
    McGrady
    D. Howard
    Alston
    Parsons
    Spanoulis
    Motiejunas
    Thabeet
    J. Howard
    Head
    Lin
    Asik
    ... Harden?

LonghornFan likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"but that's to be expected." LOL.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pleasant surprise of preseason. Zhou playing well enough to "steal minutes" in some games. Moved ahead of Nanu in the rotation. Hope Zhou gets a ton of work for the Vipers this year to get him more and more comfortable.

I wonder if Nanu would be behind Cam Oliver in the rotation (if Oliver was health).

DonKnock, pippendagimp and D-rock like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need more length and especially energy on D. Our starters don't sell out enough on that side of ball. Maybe few more players who can play above rim. Without regressing on O.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need another guard that can play in place of Paul or Harden due to injuries/fatigue/whatever. Neither Gordon, Taylor nor Brown are the answer.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really hope they were just not trying because it's preseason, because we got straight up worked on both ends. Defense was just terrible. Their scrubs were beating us. Really embarrassing.

cheke64 and pippendagimp like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed. I don't know how you can trust young players going forward if you never give them some minutes to prove themselves, play them some minutes with the starters and the rotation guys (i would've love to see Troy play some minutes with Harden, Paul etc...) like Pop does, playing them in the last two garbage minutes when Bobby Brown is out there eating all the shots is meaningless. I get that he sees them in practice etc, but still, play in a real game is another thing.

Houtho, PeterKingX and DonKnock like this.
  14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

My issue is the offense. These dudes are not even trying for easy layups it seems.

cheke64 likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Pretty awful writeup, unfortunately.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Spurs still can brat rockets. Rockets can beat spurs easily with yao or d howard. I think we need to buy a strong center. Otherwise, we cannot go to finals

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

"Is Chris Paul’s brand of leadership actually worth something? Have Chris Paul-led teams accomplished more than ones led by James Harden? Actually, they have not."

McHale talks alot about will

Is it guaranteed that Lebron, CP3, Durant, Curry could willed their way to single handedly carry the Rockets farther Harden? NO

What does that say about Harden's will/leadership if carried the Rockets as far as all these guys who are supposed to be stronger leaders/have more will than him?

DonKnock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McHale is just a distraction.

Harden is immature enough to respond to that distraction.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member