1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i feel like capela is even more important than pj on defense. we all know pj brings his lunchpail nearly every game but in games where capela’s energy is low.. then rockets tend to struggle real bad on defense.

sometimes tyson feels spry enough that he can spot some minutes for clint... but in a regular season grind thats probably not going to work. i do see tyson saving himself for the playoffs and making significant contributions for the rockets in a handful of playoff games so i’m actually not too worried for the center spot.

but our lack of consistent perimeter wings like in 2017/2018 with ariza and luc makes this 2019/2020 version way too dependent on capela having a good game with his defensive activity and rim protection. this is easily the biggest glaring weakness for the rockets right now.

also just wanted to add.. while i agree d’antoni isn’t good with in game adjustments... like d’antoni said, the doubling of harden at halfcourt isn’t something new and they’ve handled it fairly well in previous games. and even if the rockets do have adjustments to how to counter that defense... there really is no point in showing the whole league what they’re going to do to combat that in a regular season game in december against the worst team in the league. rockets were still getting wide open shots.. just couldn’t hit the side of a barn.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I'm actually glad capella is out...I want to see more of what Hartenstein can do. I say give him the green light and let him shoot the three!

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Man, the contrast between Harden's and Thompson's post-game comments is staggering.

The toughest thing about it - probably the fact that Klay would have never said anything if they lost. The whole world should be tired of these silver-spoon-raised self-aggrandizing divas, Steph and Klay.

Harden watches his team lose yet again to GSW - this time to a G-league squad - and stays classy in the postgame.

It's impressive because I'd be breaking things and people on the court in GSW games. I think Paul's reactions are more similar to mine which is probably why Harden couldn't take it. He's a different cat. He doesn't enjoy losing but he never really shows anything high or low.