1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Thank god I was too drunk to watch this and ruin my Christmas. What an embarassment!

lw17, PeterKingX, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

it's strange. house was playing great defense earlier in the season.. and now hes cluelessly all over the place, whereas mclemore was missing assignments left and right but now he's locked in and i'd say almost as consistent as rivers on defense - talking and switching and recovering on rotations. that one block he had today he really had to make up some ground and he played some good def overall today.

what the hell happened to house? his start to the season was so promising...

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  3. macan

macan Member

in order to forget about this loss...i'm gonna need a win against chicken nuggets next week...

4. JackLordsHair66

Yeah it was truly pathetic, from the point that we got up 12 on them they kicked pur ass in almost every possible way, loose balls,m rebounds, hustle plays, drawing fouls (most were legit it appeared), and a complete lack of effort and desire on the Rockets defense. Seriously pathetic

5. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Shamefur dispray

6. JackLordsHair66

Good question and I've noticed that as well about him since his return, his offense has been a little better recently but his D seems haphazard and frantic at times. Good observation on Bmac, he'll never be a lock down defender (neither of them will really) but Bmac has played better D of late, really weird ... perhaps it's in Houses' head that Bmac is getting a fair bit of his minutes, but it's very odd what's going on with him

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lose to Warriors is the most unacceptable, especially this NBDL level Warriors.

lw17 likes this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

How was this the biggest Christmas Day upset in 30 years?

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

It's Christmas.. who cares. The players probably mentally checked out.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Reminded me too much of the Spurs games this season on defense to make me think there is something fundamentally weak about this team that will continue to get exploited more and more this season.

Again it’s the defense. I’m not worried about Russ’ turnovers or misses at the rim as infuriating as he is half the time. It’s about the inability to realize when a team is going off on you, and to do just about anything to stop the bleeding. I mean you can push it on Houston every single time and they don’t seem to give a crap about letting the other team run circles around you. I’m pretty much done with D’Antoni unless we can find another Bzdelick to run competent defense.

lw17 likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

it's the day after Christmas here that's why now I care. lol

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I wonder which garbage team will beat Rockets next time. It won’t take long time.

13. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Overconfidence lead to this loss. Also, Russ should not be attempting 32 shots (0-8 from 3pt line) while Harden only 18. Hopefully lesson learned and they go back to strategy that was working, which is Russ trying more layups and Harden attempting 25+ shots while playing solid defense.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wide open shots.

Every team in the league can do this. Just stop Harden and make WB shoot. That's why WB was a mistake and will never work on this team.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Golden State
    Detroit
    Sacramento
    San Antonio
    Brooklyn

Five just downright silly losses this season.

We could be 26-5 in sole possession of 1st place.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously yet another inexcusable loss for the Rockets. That's five already and it isn't even 2020 yet.

The Rockets seem to have a way of empowering bad teams by not giving any effort on defense for 3 quarters, which allows said bad team to get in a rhythm and become confident. This has happened in nearly every game we've played against a bad team (even the ones we've won).

They don't have a championship mindset. Here's to hoping they find it somewhere along the way.

bballjunkie likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh my god LOL, this is so damn sad.

lw17 likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We also choked a big lead against Milwaukee, and blew a sizable last minute lead in that first Clippers loss.

bmelo, clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I hate that these other teams think their garbage double teams have "figured" us out. Its so damn insulting.

20. riko

riko Member

This is no coincidence. We Led by 15 at one stage and were out scored by 24 points from there . Sound familiar?
    Bucks led by 19 and got outscored By almost 30 from there
    Spurs game lost a 24 point lead
    Spurs game in Houston trailed by 25 at one stage
    Kings game almost blew a 26 point lead
    Cavs game had a 14 point lead And the Cavs went on a 20 odd point straight run..

This team has these type of horror runs in it.As for the Harden the guy was the most efficient player for us and had 11 assists but easily could have had 20 plus assists with the amount of open looks he created with the double teams they throw at him. For the most part he didn’t force anything . To blame him for this loss is just absurd

D-rock likes this.