1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 10/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 17, 2017.

1. what

what Member

Y'all = not with rockets. With the grizzlies.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It pissed me off that it takes Ariza the last year of his contract to play better or get motivated

amaru likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What makes this so impressive?

The Rockets ARE IN THE PROCESS of being built...

CP3 is just getting started/will take awhile to acclimate...But, he still had a massive impact on the game..Only 12 turnovers and guys getting their shot in rhythm.

GS was blistering hot from down town....

Tucker and Luc were not only instrumental with their D when we cranked it up for the close, but were bustin.

CC didn't have a good game ....will adjust to lbs/styles...and play really well.(not worried in the least) He and Nene will play key roles in us taking these guys down at the end of the year when things slow down. And the Warriors won't have answers...especially with CP3 cleaning up and orchestrating the half court.

The better the team, the more important Ariza becomes.

EG has always had All star talent. But the discipline/maturity to come back from those injuries... to dedicate himself to a role..being able to stay healthy as a result...now dialing up his game/role under MDA in an offense that fits him like a glove. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

This is a machine that's just getting started..They'll be soooo much better at the end of the year (chemistry & addition)[​IMG]

4. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Looking at the notes on ESPN and under the summary in the game recap, check out the win probability, the score says Final Rockets 122- Golden State 121, win probability 99.9%, ESPN still set algorithm to be against the Rockets...its the little things I notice that irritate the crap out of me...Shouldn't it be 100%?

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Not the type of fan to "turn off" the game because the team goes on a run. It was amazing to see how defensive minded this team has shifted too. Warriors will score... that's who they are. However, those stops at the end was clutch. Y'all remember when EG was on KD? KD turned around and EG just slapped the ball out his hand... It's the small things. Amazing win.

seeingredtx likes this.
  6. AlaisterCuaresma

WHAT'S UP RED NATION!!! Gassed off the win! Here's a top 5 I made for the Rockets vs Warriors game, which I thought was the best 5. Did I get it right?

hakeem94, J.R., Reeko and 3 others like this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not that I care much about the media but.... No one is really giving the Rockets any credit for this W, TNT post game was all about how Paul wont work in Houston..... AFTER A WIN AT GS!!!!!

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Great Post Plowman. CP3 on one leg is still VERY effective and very good production.

I'm actually VERY impressed with CP3's defense overall. Now I've heard people talk about his great defense but I've never watched him as closely as I do now because he's a Rocket (still seems surreal to me that Chris Paul is a Houston Rocket!).

He plays excellent post defense. He gave David West and Shaun Livingston fits guarding them in the post. Albeit they scored a few times (but those were just good makes). CP3 plays the passing lanes beautifully and just generally plays great defense. I thought he looked good last night aside from the shooting.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Great win! Saw lots of encouraging things that hopefully will keep happening throughout the season. Only a couple negatives so I'll start with those:

-Transition defense was still pretty bad
    -Was clear that Green going out was basically the catalyst for us coming back. We couldn't slow them down the first 3 quarters even though our halfcourt defense was solid
    -Worried about Paul's knee

Positives:
    -Really liked what I saw from CP3. Obviously he struggled shooting the ball, but the reason we got him was to have another creator outside of Harden and he played that role perfectly. It was awesome to see him creating easy shots for others along with Harden. On top of all that, it was literally his first game and he already has made strong contributions. Great to have him on the team
    -That bench lineup with Mbah a Moute and Tucker was awesome. Just haven't seen that kind of defensive versatility and it's a great asset to have. Obviously Tucker won't keep going 4-5 from 3 or whatever but they both played really well and showed that they can play well in big games. Looking forward to seeing how they do moving forward
    -We showed great resiliency coming back in the 4th and I was impressed with how we were able to get stops down the stretch

Great start to the season. I also lol'd at TNT's ridiculous post game reactions, CP3 was hobbling on one leg and dished 11 dimes as we beat the ****ing defending champs and they called him "useless" lol. Par for the course for TNT.

10. dje243

dje243 Member

This actually made me feel warm and fuzzy

Hakeemtheking and Tfor3 like this.
  11. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Just wanted to saw the Rockets, even when they were down big, really impressed me last night! I thought they were playing well as a whole for the large majority of the game, GSW just literally couldn't miss a shot at times no matter the defense. Once they finally stopped hitting everything we just kept playing the way we had all game and pulled it out!

hakeem94 and Remlap like this.
  12. j@amc

j@amc Member

What I noticed:
    • We were 14-25 from the field in the 4Q with 1 turnover.
    • Golden State was a modest 8-18 in the 4th (44%). I can't believe we survived their blistering shooting (57.9% 1Q, 54.5% in 2Q, and 57% in 3Q).
    • Harden scored only 6 of our 34 points in the 4Q. If he had been hot, we would have blown right by them. But it's a team game.
    • We made 15 3s and needed every one of them to match their 16 makes.
    • Chris Paul is a great, smart defender who makes everybody better. He dished out 11 assists to 1 turnover (our only one in the 4 Q). I can't wait for he and Capela to get more chemistry.
    • Mike D'Antoni has lost his mind about not playing his bench. Tucker, Gordon, and Mbah a Moute gave great performances, but we've got to find a way to play 9 or 10. I would welcome those extra players redistributing 5 or 10 total rotation minutes. We're playing with fire by only playing 8 guys.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Is that your voice !?

14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

With how everyone is talking about the Rockets you would’ve thought they lost last night. So much CP3 doubt even though he was playing on one leg practically.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

Is Tillman proud of his players or WHAT??!!!
    That was great (oops. Sorry I thought it had vid with this)

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nice!

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Having 2 MVPs on the floor at the same time, along with another all-star player I guess "just isn't enough" for them.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

QFT!

19. AlaisterCuaresma

Thanks!!! :)

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. AlaisterCuaresma

Not sure if it's mine, my mother and father gave it to me :p:D

Remlap likes this.