1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/13/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

With Cap out, we are too undersized, when playing against bigs that are even remotely decent. Shoot even with Cap, when he goes up against bigger stronger, we tend to struggle, like in the Bucks game.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he knew how to play before he got to the Rockets and has all the tools to be a solid player. D'Antoni didn't really give him a chance at Houston. Chriss's problem at the Suns was he kept getting in to foul trouble too easily

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The wheels in this place fall off so easily after a loss that you almost have to laugh sometimes

Lets get healthy first, lets get to the Playoffs and do some damage.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Get a grip, dude. If Harden doesn't play, the streak continues. It continues when they play again and Harden steps on the court. Hey, I'll repeat myself if it turns you on. Yes, MDA should have held Harden out, in my opinion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Cp3 cherry picked a lay up after a steal at end of second quarter.

I did not like harden air balling the three at half time. But whose counting?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Idiots focusing on what harden is doing. HARDEN IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. MONON

MONON Member

AMEN!!! to that!!!

Deckard likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

CP3 has retired. He just has to show to cash his checks. Dude is done. Wears a suit more than his uniform. But whose counting?

rhee likes this.
  9. Remlap

Remlap Member

Your original statement is where I drew my conclusions from:
    [Deckard] "He clearly wasn't himself. Yes, he scored over 40 points and people that didn't watch the game and
    simply looked at the box score will think that's a crazy comment, but it's one I believe. James is only human"

Your statement only leaves a couple of options:
    1) When MDA realized James 'wasn't himself' that he should have been benched
    (which of course would have obviously ended his streak because he already entered the game)
    2) MDA should have given James a DNP-CD and tanked and conceded the game while we're in
    the middle of a tight WC playoff race.
    3) Coach should have known pre-game that James was going to have an off night.
    Based on what?

Maybe he DOES need a rest, but this was last game before the ASB where he CAN rest.
    Why tank the game? Why not compete and at least try to win?
    Off night or not, I'm pretty sure James wants to be on the floor. That's all I'm saying

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You left off the "option" I pointed out. You simply give him the night off and the streak continues the next game, the streak something you were obviously concerned with. It isn't about "tanking" the game. Everyone MDA would play if James sat it out would be playing as hard as they can. "Tanking" would have been the last thing on their minds. Heck, they might have won. We'll never know, will we. Meanwhile, a clearly banged up Harden, clear to me, would have done what SA and Oakland have done. Rest a player because he needed it. The reason I bring up MDA is because we all know that Harden would play unless coach told him he wasn't. It's an endearing quality that James has, wanting to play every game and as many minutes as he can manage, but that's one of the reasons we have a head coach. To tell a player he has to sit for his own good. You can disagree if you like, but it's as simple as that from where I sit.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

MDA basically admitted that he doesn't have the fortitude to hold harden out for precautionary reasons . Unless the trainer gives a no go , MDA will play harden .

I agree with you btw . Absolutely should have given James a well deserved head-start to his ASB .

The extent to which MDA is relying on harden and has relied on him so far throughout his tenure here so far is absurd . Statistically , giving the ball to harden and getting out of the way might be the best offense . But best offense during a season doesn't win you anything . IMO MDA needed to be more strategic with how he uses James. It's cool if your offense isn't operating at 100 percent efficiency throughout the regular season .... especially if you've dialed it back on purpose to explore other options or give james a break .

Deckard likes this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

I getcha. And I'm not opposed to giving James some rest.
    But after that ONE game in Minny he gets a week off.
    Just doesn't make sense to rest him for that game when there is a week of rest awaiting him

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Cp3 hit a big time 3 at around 6:30 mark of 2nd, but he got pulled out and then the timberwolves ran off a bunch of buckets in the paint.

Timberwolves made easy paint buckets from pretty much all of their bigs with Gibson off the bench, sarkic, and Townes. Even old Ashe luol Deng got buckets in the paint!

The rockets should try and post cp3 like the pistons used to do with chauncey billups!

#1013 smoothie_king, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Absolutely agree here...this is history.You want to test Harden?Rest him Sunday...is there a bigger farce of a game than the NBA All Star game...uhh,hold on...yes, The NFL All Star game...otherwise,NO!