1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/6/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2018.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I personally believe it will be a playoff like game. I don't expect the Rockets to blow them out. I think the Rox will win in a shootout. 124-119

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Spurs are not going to make the playoffs. lulz at #3. And everyone is going to call Pops a genius for tanking at the last moment to get into the lottery.

3. mario elie

mario elie Member

I think peak Barkley was better than Westbrook. But I see your point.
    It does seem like OKC gets up for big games (minus that last GS game). I say Rockets win a tight one, 123-118

4. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I honestly don't see OKC scoring 119 against us... I am obviously speaking of the OKC team that we have seen in the last 10 games.. obviously they can all have break out games... but even when they did and the starters shot 39-62 and put up 100 points (just the starting 5).. each player shot better then 50%, that effort allowed them to put 112 points.. Lets assume they manage the same, do we really think having Harden with no Andre Roberson, while adding CP3 and Luc will allow us not to add to the 107 that we put up on them.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Please dont tell me Clint's not playing??

7. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I think this game could be a lot closer than we could imagine. When we get this late into the season, a game between two playoff teams tends to be decided by whom NEEDS the win more. That didn't stop us vs MIN, DEN, UTA, and LAC, but three of those teams either had a lead over us for much of the game or attempted to stage a comeback late into the game, as a few losses could dash their playoff hopes.

We want this game, having the #1 seed would be very nice, but I think we get to the WCF at #1 or #2, and that we can steal a game @ Oakland. OKC needs this win, if they lose and DEN and LAC win tonight, they fall one loss out of the playoffs.

saleem likes this.
  8. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

they obviously want to win.. they don't really have the depth to win.. they played out of their mind last game to pull out a victory when rockets were short handed one of their super stars and a defensive ace.. obviously they can lose, but they need a super efficient game from all three their super star core players and probably close to 80 points of production out of those three.. they also would need Harden and CP3 to both have fairly bad games.. the rockets are not just good they have alot of heart as well..

9. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Houston 109, OKC 108 :p

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The main thing I am watching in this game is the Steven Adams VS Clint Capela matchup. Have to win that matchup. Adams gives him trouble. Need to continue to see growth from Capela that he can win that matchup.

The big thing about the Thunder is REBOUNDING. They are 2nd in the NBA in 2nd chance points. They miss a lot of shots and NEED those 2nd opportunities. If the Rockets can control the REBOUNDING they control the game.

Do not give the Thunder second chance opportunities!

Rebounding. Rebounding. Rebounding!

Nook, PeterKingX and pippendagimp like this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Spurs are not going to finish 3rd. That team looks old and tired. Plus, everyone thinks Kawhi coming back is a given, and that he will get right back to being his All-Star self. I don't see that happening. There's serious mistrust between his camp and the organization, plus he'll be second-guessing his body when he gets back to playing regular minutes.

But back to topic, OKC scares me because they still have size, and when they focus on defense, they are hard to break down. Our 3 point shots have to fall tonight, and we'll need Harden and CP3 to be at their best. With that being said, we win 104-96.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Need to keep it going! It will a tough game with OKC needing the W more! Rockets will have to be ready to match OKC's physical play from start. Tough way to start a B2B with the Bucks waiting to be next. Go Rockets!

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Ryan Anderson?
    Wright?

14. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

The player I am worried about a bit is Carmelo, he wasnt happy sitting down and could have a 30 plus game, russ is pretty much automatic 30 against us and Paul George could put in 20.. But alot hinges on carmelo scoring.. He will want to post alot and try to put shots over a shorter defender in PJ tucker.. Luc and Ariza will take turns neutralizing Paul George, and CP3 will guard russ with help defense from luc, ariza, PJ and Clint.. They will have no answer for Harden and EG..

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent post and I agree.

The thing you worry about is OKC going "nuclear" which IS that GSW game. OKC has a high ceiling. It is just that they don't always achieve it. But it is there and that's one of the reasons why it would be best to not have they fall on the Rockets side of the bracket.

Like I said in my previous post. It all comes down to REBOUNDING.

topfive likes this.
  16. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

what sucks is once we beat them.. this will feel like such a ho hum victory and all the talking heads will say well the rockets were supposed to beat them, lets see how they do on back to back... don't sweat the small stuff and don't sweat this game.. there is a reason why we are favored to win.. we are so much better then these guys and we are so loaded, heck Green can probably come off and drop 20 points.. any given player out side of EG, Harden and CP3 can drop 20.. those 3 are automatic scoring machines.. but there are six guys who can score (well maybe not nene and Tucker), ok four guys..

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

OKC needs this win, but they've needed wins for the past two weeks and still played terribly, barely squeaking by terrible teams and losing against teams over .500. Seeds 3-10 in the West need to play like their lives depend on it. They couldn't afford to drop that game against Portland and were still mediocre.

I like that our best players will put pressure on Westbrook and PG to defend and that we have multiple bodies to throw at them on our defensive end. Westbrook and PG are going to have to work, Harden just has to do his thing. It's Adams that worries me. Westbrook with 25/10/10 isn't leading OKC in win shares, it's Adams.

18. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

Swiss Roll likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets also need to win this game so we don't have the media going "OKC is 2-1 vs GSW, OKC is 2-0 vs Hou" OKC is a team to be reckoned with. Really don't want to hear that from the talking heads.

20. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

You can make the same case, for Utah, Nuggets, Clippers (didn't they all need those wins) well they didn't get them and neither will this thunder team..... there are a few times I really want rockets to destroy without mercy.. these thunders make that very select honorable group.