1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 3/6/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2018.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I’m already impressed with the Rockets as is......win or lose in Toronto. Toronto beat up on the Rockets in Houston earlier this season but the Rockets also were not at full strength.

I get injuries are part of the game but it bugs me how many games the Rockets have lost against good teams because a couple of key players were out.

Toronto doesn’t concern me. Rockets are better and SHOULD beat them regardless of where they play (health withstanding).

The ONLY threat to the Rockets is GSW. And Rockets can beat them as well....albeit tougher because of championship pedigree etc.

Jake Tower, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

INB4 "scheduled loss" bro

3. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Thats freaking awesome.. How OKC forum unanimously think this will be a loss and are hoping for a competitive game, and here at rox forum we are expecting a ridiculous road blow out with three key injuries.... love it

DonKnock, joeson332 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I believe OKC will come out hot off the gate, of course, the crowd will be loud and engaged into the game. However, I believe this will be Warrior 2.0 game. By the 3rd, we just go on a run that OKC can't come back from.

6. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Two things: Lets get 16
    Hope Chris Paul can find his groove again, he looked hesitant against LA and just flat out bad against the Celtics.

DonKnock and PeterKingX like this.
  7. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

i think the streak ends tonight...just seems that we don't match up well with them.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I think that when healthy, we should be a matchup nightmare for OKC. OKC's offense is at its best when running out in transition, off of turnovers, and off of offensive rebounds. We've been dead last in pace for the last 15 games, we are near bottom of the league in passes per possession, less opportunities for turnovers, and we are the best defensive rebounding team in the NBA (OKC is #1 offensive rebounding, lets see how that plays out). When your half court offense is as good as ours, and their half court is trash, it helps to win the possession battle. Also they shouldn't hit 65% of their contested mid range jumpers this time.

The Warriors and their pass-happy ball movement offense was stunted by OKC thanks to them playing the passing lanes so hard. GSW came out with a simpler, more isolation based offense in their 3rd game, and OKC didn't stand a chance.

Rockets win, 115-103.

Killatron 2000, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Just to put this here... On Christmas day, we lost by five with Chris Paul and Luc being out.

Thunder shot (54% whole game):
    Anthony 8/12
    Adams 7/9
    PG 8/15
    WB 12/24
    Grant 3/6

So yeah.... we shall see.

DonKnock and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i sure it ll help there is no bryante webber to give okc quality minutes

EightDoobies likes this.
  12. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

yep and that game was also in OKC where Roberson guarded harden to 7-18 shooting.. So definetely with no Roberson and I cant see the big four shooting better then 50%.. Just dont think that will happen with the additions of Luc and CP3.. There starting 5 put up 100 points on 62% shooting, and people forget weber played 20 minutes in that game.. it wasnt scrub minutes since OKC out executed us in the last two minutes to win the game, again a game where rockets shot at 42% and 32% from 3's and OKC shot 54% and 44% from 3's,,

13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

No argument there. Just trying to come up with another fake team to compare them to...hollow stats, superstars who barely deserve the titling. I've never been a PG fan, Melo has always had a diva tag on him and Westbrook has the most valuable grimace. How about a guy like Adams who could easily be in the conversation with Capela, Jordan and other rim-running centers and he just ISN'T?

Fake ass team. Billy Donovan was a good coach at Florida too. Him and Scotty Brooks, I feel bad for those dudes.

14. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

We have to win this game, so we have positive momentum going into tomorrows match, which i think will be more challenging.... We need to win these two games and take our win streak to Toronto's door step.. I am not going to feel horrible about win streak ending by the team with the best home record..

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

expecting a pretty close game w/ a playoff like atmosphere. looking forward to this game tonight

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We don't match up well with them? You're basing that on one game in the middle of the Rockets' worst stretch of the season when they were shorthanded. Keep this in mind about that Xmas Day matchup:

1) The Rockets were missing CP3 and Luc.
    2) It was Capela's first game back from the heel contusion(although he did play well with 19 and 10).
    3) The Rockets bench was awful and scored only 8 points.

Tonight, the Rockets will have CP3 and Luc, Capela is healthy, and most importantly, D'Antoni will have EG, Green, Luc, and possibly Nene(not sure if he's sitting out tonight or tomorrow) at his disposal off the bench.

17. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think everyone needs to start getting prepared for this...

1. Rockets
    2. Warriors
    3. Spurs
    4. Blazers
    5. Pelicans
    6. Nuggets
    7. Jazz
    8. Wolves

I never thought OKC was making the playoffs but beyond Jimmy going down something doesn't look right with the Wolves. They can't close because they are exhausted and they play no defense. The only thing that may save the Wolves is they have played more games and have a four game win margin on some of these teams. Utah's early losses really hurt them but they have been playing winning basketball consistently and I feel that is a better team than half of the playoff teams. Both them and Denver are really good young teams that I sometimes mix up. Utah plays better defense and Denver has more offensive firepower. I haven't done a full schedule analysis so I may have alterations to the back half but just a gut feel looking at each of the teams when I watch them play.

18. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Man what a damn luxury... If we blow out OKC in the first ten minutes.. I expect to see Tariq and Nene will be saved for tomorrow.. if its a close match and Capela is looking to be out muscled by Adams, Nene will be available for the rescue.. I bet these rockets players are loving all this extra rest which their team continues to dominate...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. its way too early for any of these final standings. 1.5-4 games separate 3-10. a ton of things will happen with ~18-20 games left

20. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

Even if we God forbid lose this.. I don't think the rockets team have ever been this confident, as a team or as fans... I bet if we were to take care of business with both thunder and bucks.. the rocks fans will probably be saying we beat the raptors in a blow out

Kendrick Lamar likes this.