1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They also wouldn't be able to double team Harden near as much with Parsons there. He'll be getting open shots and open lane all day.

We lost our second best rebounder, third best passer, second best scorer and best defender last night. That isn't something you can adjust to mid way through a back to back, especially when you are going to spend most of the day burying the coach's daughter.

2. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

This.

The team showed a lot of heart yesterday. I hope they are resting well today.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I disagree. I think they would have continued to double team Harden. There entire game plan was to not let Harden/Lin drive. You seriously think OKC was going to let our back court go off on them? That wasn't happening.

4. Exel

Exel Member

The game wasn't lost because of our lack of offense, it was because the team was tired. Defense is all about intensity and effort and the Rockets were lacking in that department yesterday. How else do you explain it when the Thunder score 120 on 54% fg percentage? That and our horrible free throw shooting percentage. We shot more free throws than the Thunder but only converted it on 60% of them when they normally convert at a 77% rate. These were two indicators that the Rockets were clearly tired in yesterday's game.

I'm still impressed by how they battled and never gave up. They were just playing on fumes. You can't ask for more from your team.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My point is if they did Parsons was there to punish them.

We didn't have that person last night, which means OKC's double team goes unpunished.

6. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

I agree that Lin's handle is not good enough against good athletic, defensive teams, so that he is unable to be aggressive. Another way of saying this is that he is playing within his current skills level. There is nothing he can do except improve certain aspects of his offensive game. Also, I am sure guarding RW is a tough challenge (which he did reasonably well) which does not leave a lot of energy to score points.

7. liunatic

liunatic Member

I really think his "lack of handle" is an overstated problem. In fact, I think it's far more overblown than it really is. That being said, there may be some desired poise that people are seeking from him.

RW had a RW type game... 6/15 shooting 5 rebounds 9 assists 2 steals...and 5 turnovers.
    Ending stats with 14 points 5 rebounds 9 assists 2 steals 5 to...Many people were saying he should light up Lin considering he is one of the most "unguardable" players, but Lin picked his pocket at least twice last night. Russell did hit 3 jumpers off the pick and roll in a row in the first half which did help his shooting percentage.

8. kozmo

kozmo Member

Some of those points came late right.....and were on Douglas....

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I had watched the game for a while last night.
    Here are some my thoughts, Harden has to make smart decisions on the court, don't force too much, just let game come to you.

Douglas played a few minutes, Thunder had a 9 points run which helped thunder to build a comfortable lead.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Then do us all a favor and go away. If you can't stand this place, why are you here? Most of us come to ClutchFans because we really enjoy doing so. Heck, for some of us, this BBS is an addiction. What we don't need are pathetic, whining dudes that pop in here to simply complain and crap all over arguably the best fan site in sports, much less the NBA. So go away. You're taking up space that could be used more productively by one of the members who actually have something interesting to say.

Thanks in advance.

11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Douglas is a huge momentum killer. It's depressing. :(

12. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

when Parsons can be back

13. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Oh man, I finally got a response from a vet! Lol, the only way to get a response is to troll.

Productive? Interesting to say? Like what? Give some examples!!!

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

IMO, not soon enough.

15. nono

nono Member

Is McHale going to coach against the Fazz ?

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree with this.

The last few games we've seen less double teams on Harden.

Last night OKC doulbed him HARD! I know OKC fans think "Yep, he's easy to stop." But Chicago didn't even double them hard and this is with a defensive genius on Thibs.

The reason is Parsons. He's the only guy you don't leave open beyound the 3 point lin ein the starting lineup. Lin can create...but if Harden gives him the ball beyond the line a defender can just rush him to make him hesitate.

Parsons will make you pay...and with how his shot has been falling teams will not be in a hurry to double Harden as hard as OKC did.

17. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Lin 3/7 = 42% - but not a stellar performance. Should I count this still as 3rd consecutive of >40% shooting? Hmmmm....

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Rockets cranking up the D-League shuttle again. Terrence Jones heading to RGV. Scott Machado going back.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Edit:Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The whole point of saying something interesting is to be creative and discover for yourself something about the Rockets and why they are doing what they are doing. Giving examples will not help with your creativity.