1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 11/28/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 28, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Toney Douglas?

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Harden, Parsons, Lin, and Asik bout to show OKC and their Front Office, what the NEW DEAL is!...I'm expecting Harden to dominate, and Durant might have to end up checking him, I expect they all know his tendencies, and Mr. Brooks (Lol he has a Rockets ring) will try to exploit his weaknesses, but thing is they got to play Martin a ton of mins.

This here will be their problem as Martin should not be able to check anyone that he is put on, I don't care if he is "doing good on D this season" he isn't it is team D that is why, similar to when Houston's D was good at one time with Martin on the team....it isn't about Martin...but one game tonight, I expect a nice welcome home to Harden from the fans, and then for him to straight torch them, and Durant will try to go head to head....

When Durant starts missing a lot of shots he keeps shooting outside...he got a tad better last year at this, but was shooting crazy good from well everywhere 30 feet and in last year, but Durant isn't doing that this year...dunno his FG%, but Parsons should be fine guarding him, he isn't going to be playing PF like Melo, and post up, and have all the tricks, Durant does, and is better than Melo, of course, but at this point of their careers Durant has to learn more, and bring it more than ever with Harden gone this season...the truth will be told come the playoffs....Telling ya if Parsons plays good D tonight we win, as long as, we don't have a liability problem with the PG position, and Westbrook going off for 50 points in the paint, but I don't think Asik will allow that, so I think Lin will be fine...Asik has to focus on the middle tonight, he is better than their bigs, he really is...maybe too young to say that, but it is looking like the single greatest pick up that a lot of people questioned....well...Asik answers these questions..with 18 rebounds a game haha JK just 10 plus points a game, and 12.4 rebounds a game, but...he has answered the question that he is a C that can play in the world of low supply of quality big men of the NBA

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is a back-to-back game with our guys probably having slept a couple of hours since last night's game, if that. Add the emotional day attached to Sasha's funeral and I say I will be proud of these Rockets no matter what happens in this game.

4. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lol if Harden is going off crazy, the last person they want to put on him is Durrant. He's not a good defender.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Remember when Westbrook dropped this hammer on Battier's head at TC a few years ago?

So nasty that Courtney Lee had to excuse himself from the bench...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nAPT_WNz5zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. torocan

torocan Member

I don't think the thread is negative.

I just think many of us are going to be understanding if they lose tonight or even play poorly.

OKC is a beast of a team and a legit Championship contender, And they're playing well right now.

The Rockets would have their hands full under normal circumstances, but the 2nd night of a back to back, after hopping a late night flight to Minnesota, going straight to a funeral for their Head Coach's daughter, then hopping ANOTHER flight to arrive in OKC mere hours before tip off is as far from ideal circumstances as you can imagine.

We know they'll be tired from the back to back flights, and that their legs probably won't be 100% after last night's game. Those two things alone are a serious hurdle.

We're playing on the Road in OKC, so I don't expect tons of favorable calls and with the way the fans at OKC are, and that this is Harden's first return to OKC, we can expect OKC's energy to be very high.

Toss in the fact that they've had a very emotional day at the memorial service, and I wouldn't be hard on them at all if their heads weren't completely in the game tonight.

I don't know what kind of team we'll see on the floor tonight, but I personally can live with the result regardless.

It's asking a lot to expect a bunch of 23 and 24 year olds to put that all aside and play the level of basketball it will take to beat the Thunder on their home court.

I'd be very happy if they could stay competitive tonight. Anything resembling a win would be gravy.

7. ezewins

ezewins Member

Westbrook will try to do too much as always, taking away shots from durant down the stretch and harden together with Morris will be clutch in the end

8. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DM-sVBDNxe8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't worry we got this

9. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

man this video makes me nostalgic for Scola, Dragic, Lee, and Air Bud.

What a great game. I know I know, moving forward with a NEW AGE. :grin:

still miss Dragic. and Scola

10. booster rocket

Agree that team will be pretty much wiped out from trip and all the emotions of the funeral. harden will have a 30pt+ game, maybe even 40 to make a statement. However, the team should keep it close. But, the team is still missing the right rotations and havent played everyone yet to know what works and what doesnt against the top tier teams. will be interesting for sure.

11. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Expect this one to be a loss. Harden played 43 minutes last night UGH.

12. FearTheBeardJH

I don't think Westbrook will score with Asik in the paint.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ga7Hz8RztXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Sorry but I don't think the Rockets will be up for this game since it will be an emotional day for them.

I predict we will get blown out.

14. Akim523

Akim523 Member

This s probably the toughest match up so far.

Thabo will be on Lin or Harden, whoever's handling the ball.
    Durant will likely go off and Westbrick...will brick.

Hope it's not a blowout loss.

15. BeardlyBeardman

I hesitate to even ask or get my hopes up in the slightest, but having just read that the game will be on NBA TV tonight, any chance that it's not blacked out?

16. Beard

Beard Member

Hawks heat were supposed to play on ESPN Feb 20 but it has been moved out, instead hawks game vs bulls in Dec moved to espn, start time pushed to 8...Rockets Thunder play Feb 20 in Houston...will that game be moved to ESPN? Rockets already had boston and dallas games added by ESPN...feel the buzzzz

17. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

18. Arthurprescott2

on LP broadband? It will be blocked out since its on NBA TV. I'm in the same dilemma. Might have to find a good stream.

19. ChippedToothLin

Agree with this. X-Factors being Asik owning Perkins on the boards and Parsons getting hot.

20. roxxy

roxxy Member

I just hope Harden plays his game & doesn't force the issue overly because he is back in OKC.