1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 11/10/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2018.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Maybe Ariza was team leader not Chris Paul.

BigShasta and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea true I didn’t want Ariza to go but we couldn’t pay him what he got.
    Luc we could have kept him tho while adding Ennis too. We just waited for Melo and Luc got a better offer in LAC.

Still this is more about chemistry than losing Ariza
    Since the first game it seemed eerie similar to the last year of Dwight in Houston

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how good we would be right now if we had just kept Ariza, Beverley, and Trez.

Dankstronaut, SF3isBack!! and kevtse like this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Lou Williams as well

deb4rockets and SF3isBack!! like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, we wouldnt be anywhere close to the Warriors still, good lord.

6. threepointshot3

Oh yeah cause this team is real close homy

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

It was last year, itd actually would have won a championship. Which is something you wouldnt be able to say if we just had those players. The only thing you could really say is going forward(we might LOOL and thats a big might) we might have room to make some moves. Im not ready to give up on Paul, you can do whatever.

BMoney likes this.
  8. smp

smp Member

Yep. I agree.

Way too many errors in the exploited seal.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I never agreed with 40 mil for Paul, it was ridiculous. Morey was behaving as if we already won the chip. We look like the 2011-12 Mavericks lol

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This make me laugh.

brunojb5 likes this.
  11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Was the biz back this game? Or when?

12. MettaWorldPete

I’ve been contemplating that Mavericks comparison a lot recently. That was a more explicit rebuild though, right? Here I think we were trying to do our best under the circumstances. Not totally sure though...I’m no expert and am pretty confused.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

idk why we're still bothering with this season.

Last season was our best chance at winning the title with Harden having an MVP season and all the pieces fitting perfectly.

Now that Les isn't the owner anymore, there shouldn't be any problems with tanking. We should go pure tank mode and trade away all our "stars" before they start losing value.

The worst cast scenario is if we fall into the 8-10th seed mediocrity again in the next couple years. Btw, it's time to rehire Hinkie.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  14. farhen

farhen Member

that's deep man I agree on almost every part except where I saw melo's name came up lol

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Losing Ariza did not make CP3 have those stinkers, and Harden have uninspiring shooting nights.

We're just not that good right now and not that bad to tank. We can still win against most of the Eastern Conference teams.

Gordon tried to be aggressive after the trade went down but took too many shots.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's not just 3s, they are bricking layups and mid-range shots as well. Last night it was because of the suffocating defense by SA but that's how SA plays under Pop. It's as if once opposing teams stop the ISO, the Rox have no idea what to do next. It's much easier to defend the Rox when the 3s aren't falling and they haven't been so far this season. I expect that to change as it all evens out over the course of the season. However, unless MDA adjusts to the different personnel now on the team, it's going to be a long season.

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL! Yet we were last year without them?And if we had kept them we could have had a lot
    I don't believe that at all. Our defense would be second to none with those guys and we could have used the extra money for one of the top young forwards in the league. Doesn't matter now obviously. What's done is done, and all our money is tied into our two star guards for years to come.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This not the way to go. Keep Harden, Keep EG, Keep Capela, trade everyone else. Not sure who will take Pauls ridiculous salary though.

20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, Gordon can actually do well driving inside at times, but goes ball hog crazy shooting 3's along with Harden at times. EGO and James acted like they were the only ones on the team, to a point That it was ridiculously selfish.

I wonder if the reigning MVP has ever gone 1-13 from behind the arc in NBA history. The coach isn't to be blamed for their shooting, but is to blame for them not moving the ball around more. If they can't play team ball put in someone who can.

daywalker02 likes this.