1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/21/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 20, 2019.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Capela has dominated the Warriors this season.

BigShasta and Remlap like this.
  2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

DD being the voice of reason.

The Rockets will be fine if we can get some health and chemistry on our side.

Remlap likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True, but Clint will be out awhile, and that game just showed how desperately we need a younger Nene big man type to back up Clint and take care of business defending, rebounding, and blocking shots at the rim. CP3 coming back will only make us smaller than we already are.

4. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I agree. Also, seems like when the 3 ball is not falling, none of our players outside of Harden have a backup plan. Can't shoot a midrange jumper or get a layup to save their life.

forchette49 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I woke up thinking about how Brewer was such a total bleeping jerk last night. I can't believe I used to defend him and stick up for him in here. I mean he was just like an immature skinny big mouth punk on a school ground. Add in Embrid, the "Donkey of the Eastern Conference" and I now have a team I despise as much as the Warriors.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What an ugly, ugly game, one I'm more than happy to put in the rear view mirror. The ugliest was Brewer, who was a piece of s*** on the court with 2 skinny arms and 2 skinny legs. I had these terrible urges during the game. If Nene had simply broken the guy in half at some point, I likely would have applauded. It's not fun feeling that way. When we play them again in Houston on March 8th, I hope we do it with a complete and healthy roster. It will be time for some payback.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Harden need Cp3 and Capella back in the worst ways.... Rockets are better than a majority of the teams without those two... but they arent better than the elite team.

vlaurelio and Remlap like this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was frustrated by the Nets loss. But this one was likely. Embiid is just a BRUTAL matchup considering the state of the team. And then you throw in the HORRIBLE officiating in this game and THEN the poor shooting by the role players. It was over.

Glad the Rockets got Faried. Onto the next game.

9. SemisolidSnake

The only thing more offensive about Brewer last night than his attitude was his disgusting pube beard. With the game as it was, it would have been worth the ejection and fines for one of our guys to just go out and wax it right off of him in the middle of play.

deb4rockets and Marteen like this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Hahahahahaha. Now that would have been classic!

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutchfans will be kept pure
    Thanks @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We lost that game because there is no one else that's a threat on the Rockets outside of Harden.

Add back CP3 and Clint, and we may see a different game. Let's see how it goes on March 8th.

Also, we aren't liked to play the Sixers after that until next year. The biggest concern for the Rockets is whether or not Cousins' achilles will hold up. That team is just unfair.

13. youknowme

youknowme Member

I wish we ran more plays than Harden dribbles, dribbles, takes contested 3.....