1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/5/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2019.

1. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Yes, his hustle factor is through the roof. His shooting and decision making is still abysmal. Figure that out and we'll be one of the favorites.

smp, Roomba, Patience and 1 other person like this.
  2. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I Hate our coach. I was yelling at this Dumb POS Toni’. Why tf prior to blowing the lead in the 4th was maclemore out? House I get but why was the hot hand out? And if u want that team then take out westbrick and put in a team which will make them pay for the double. Dumb ass

CapelaOnlyFan, smp, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Clutchfans needs a whipping boy. It was CP0 before and now it's Russell Westbrook lol.

Hakeemtheking, J.R., hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Don’t really have a choice....:confused:
    Just put your beer goggles on.:D

CVcrew likes this.
  5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Jazz equal the refs tonight.

6. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Great win but someone must talk seriously with Westbrook. Morey and MDA need to have an urgent meeting with him. Westbrook can't go on with his madness of throwing three-point shots over and over and over again. Today it could cost us the game ... once again.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I see it now I can never un see it!

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nice win.

DD

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

JayGoogle and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

So, MDA is going to play Harden and Tucker for 40 minutes every game to bail his a*s out of actually coaching games and adjusting schemes, huh? Get this guy fired asap.

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

McLemore and House 11 threes from the SF position is brilliant

jboslett, RocketWalta and RayRay10 like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

RUSS HATERS GO HOME & STAY HOME.

[​IMG]

#1012 J.R., Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

It’s funny seeing people use triple doubles as a way to say Westbrook is good.

Westbrook had 13 rebounds out of 54. How many rebounds minimum would it take for a good game? If Russ just didn’t grab some easy ones, Toronto doesn’t automatically get the boards. Westbrook had several rebounds multiple tickets could’ve gotten.

Rationalize all you want but Westbrook sucks and it’s not negative to say it.

Harden otoh is having the best season ever. McLemores +/- are no fluke either. He and James are locking backcourts up.

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol he coached well tonight

Patience and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

we need to set a pick for russ and force the switch with the weaker defender then he can attack. This is MDA's fault lack of setting the table for russ when James gets doubled he needs to do his job everything russ gets should be super easy

16. JackLordsHair66

Exactly, yes he had a triple double tonight and obviously affected the game in a net positive stat wise, but deciision making wise, turnover-wise, horrible shooting-wise man I just am fed up with this dude

charlieaustin likes this.
  17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

This was a really impressive win. McLemore, Harden, Westbrook, Capela, Tucker, House, and Rivers all had solid games. Westbrook's eleven assists shouldn't be overlooked, btw.

pr0wler, Hakeemtheking, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The defense in the 4th was outstanding, and I’m glad they overturned that Reggie Miller-esque kick out by Freddy V.

James Harden was again the definition of efficiency, and he didn’t lose his composure even though the refs were trying their best to **** with him...and I like that the Rockets were able to hit their open threes this game when the Raps were stupidly doubling Harden from like 40 feet out.

Hakeemtheking, bro2044, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  19. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Also, I think Westbrook is needlessly polarizing, it doesn’t have to be love him or hate him—he shoots like crap and can be careless with the ball but is also a superb and willing passer who plays his heart out every game. There’s stuff to like and dislike, and I hope his shot selection and percentages will improve as the season goes on. Maybe as his fingers heal up more..?

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would agree he coached well, but it seems like he coached poorly because everyone played super heavy minutes last game.

Its not even christmas and i cant wait for our guys to get some rest. James and PJ once again carry a huge load. Weve GOT to finda way to reduce their burden