1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/13/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 13, 2018.

1. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Wow, I must say these past 2 wins have been quite impressive and showing signs of games we expected to win last year against quality teams. Best overall game from our starting 5 I have seen thus far.

Highlights/Thoughts:

-Capela's finishes were quick and strong, and was what we were hoping he'd be after his big contact,

-Ennis' d continues to be circumspect (still gambles a lot)... but I finally saw one shut down encounter one on one with millsap that I was happy to see. He also showed a bit more overall offensvie game (previously I have missed all the 3s he makes early in games).

-Our stars are true superstars when they stop settling for 3s against really really slow bigs. I was frustrated a couple of times when both cp and harden were taking stepbacks on plumlee ... When they were cold. Just drive by him with the little effort/thought it takes and we'll find even more open shots ... then he'll back up next one on one, and then the stepbacks are there. Harden really abused him and MIllsap when he just relentlessly took it to the rim. They shouldn't have any chance of stopping any of his hesitation moves. Like I get it, if they're iso'ing pretty mobile bigs ... But PLUMLEE and millsap ... c'mon son.

-Tucker is always our most stable player. So consistent from 3 and anchoring our defense.

-Our rotation is so small ... I just wish we'd see what Brandon Knight could possibly bring and for nene from 2 years ago to come back already.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Anyway like Ive been saying replace the scrubs and we'll be great again. Im guessing I wont get flamed for saying that tonight because we won lol

3. MystikArkitect

PJ >>>> Beverly

RyanB, IvanLCPM, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Last win was good, tonight's win felt like they played even better. I think this team is figuring itself out.

On the other hand, they need more to have a chance to win it all.

RyanB, Little Bit and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Defense has been on point and now the offense is finally clicking.

Good freaking win

RyanB, IvanLCPM, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

that seems to be easier said than done though. rockets will pretty much have to overpay to get any decent player in trade unless the front office is just hoping to get a good piece in the buyout market.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We could just go through the cheaps until we find a diamond in the rough.

jboslett likes this.
  9. jboslett

jboslett Member

Really enjoyed that game. Harden put them away with that streak of buckets. When him and Capela are on the PnR is actually unstoppable.

Praying for at least one addition of a versatile wing/forward as soon as possible to lower the minutes burden for everyone. Needs to happen.

raining threes and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

That was impressive. Those last few mins is almost close to the lock down defense that the Rockets were able to muster up at will for period of time last year.

I used to be a Nuggets fan. Those rainbow skyline redo uniform bring back memory... love that uniform.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

Dude give it a rest.

snowconeman22 and fckbandwagons like this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Coming into tonight they were 1 and 2 on the team in net rating.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just got home from the game. Lots of rockets fans in the house tonight. The team finally looked like they are getting back into sync

14. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

C'mon don't be harsh. Rockets would have 2 less wins if not for melo. He really helped in the chi and bkn games when cp was still playing like worst pg in the league

RyanB likes this.
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What exactly am I resting? Not sure what you're upset about Ive posted exactly twice in this thread. Lay off the meds.

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

After a rewatch I will say that Ennis finally realized that its ok to drive when you are covered and cant shoot the three. Ariza mastered that and it really helped collapsed opposing defenses so that we could get an open three. He still gambles way too much though and he also gets blown by on D very easily still.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Take the BIG L all the Doubters!

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

All I know is I saw like 5-6 cap dunks!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so underrated...he is the most consistent 3pt shooter on this team in years now....

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member