1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 1/12/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Prosun

Prosun Member

I think you know that I can read. The real question is, can you properly interpret the game of basketball? T-Mac had a miserable shooting night from the field and the line, and for whatever reason, you interpret missed shots to mean he's mentally weak? Yet, if he makes half of his shots and most of his free-throws, something tells me you wouldn't say this? I'll say it again, calling him "unprofessional" or "mentally weak" is an inaccurate description. HE WAS OFF! That's all that needs to be said.

Mentally weak would be if his frustrations from an off shooting night affected the rest of his game, but NO, it didn't. He was still rebounding, playing D, and utilizing his great court vision to find the open man. To claim he's "mentally weak" because he's missing shots is a horrible misinterpretation.

OH NO! DON'T PUT ME ON IGNORE! I'm scared! I could care less dude. In fact, not having to worry about responding to your ignorant V-Span promoting posts would actually do me a favor.

2. Champ06

Champ06 Member

True. This game proves we don't need to close a game or two with Yao (we would have trashed Nuggets). We're really an elite. :D

3. qpx

qpx Contributing Member

The thing I didn't like to see is that Tracy is slower than before. That's indication of his back problem?

4. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

Ugly win, Thanks for the stupid karl. I do not know what he was thinking. Tmac had a really bad shooting night. Why the hell double him when you still have a few points lead. That diawayahahalakamada guy did a nice defense job on Tmac tonight. Shane is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I really thought our team was done for, and lo and behold, Shane nuts up and saves the day. Ugly win, but I'll take it.

6. kikimama

kikimama Member

What was with J.R. Smith staring all our players down? :confused: :mad:

7. rocketgo

rocketgo Member

Whatever, wins are wins.
    When rox performs bad, other teams are easy to follow rox's rhythm and paly worse, it's good, we are in the charge.

8. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Prosun, I definetly agree on your point. Frustrations on the court because of an offshooting night could lead to a variety of poor passes, missed defensive assignments, unecessary fouls and all that other bad stuff Eddie Griffin is great at (sorry, I HAD to throw that jab in ;-) ) When T-mac goes 5-17, terrible. 2-9 at the Ft, terrible.

...but 11 assists and 1 TO? THATS remarkable and that shows control, composure and team play at its highest level. Someone posted " you can fake being jason kidd, but you jason kidd can't fake being Tmac" is TOTALLY right and Tmacs professionalism shined tonight.

Tmac isn't mentally weak. He went through that bull**** last season with the deaths and what not. He's passed that corner and he's trying to make us win. To say he's watching his back, or being precautious or being weak is absurd. Sorry DD, but Prosun's got you on this one.

9. happyricky

happyricky Contributing Member

Great road win for Rockets! Unfortunately, LAL won tonight as well, which makes them still ahead of us. Hope the Rockets will kill the Queens tomorrow. Go Rockets.

10. Diaw

Diaw Member

what's wrong with tmac's free throws ??? 2-9 tonight, i'm worrying about this ... come playoffs time it will be very hard to win games if our playmaker cant make a FT :(

11. Prosun

Prosun Member

I would be that someone... :D

Great post.

12. LFE171

LFE171 Member

haha props to you my man. props to you!

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Good win... especially considering it came in the Mile High City with temps near 0 degrees.

14. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Thank God for batman!!! :D

scary but good win!!

15. LFE171

LFE171 Member

oh aside from that little rant, the next game WILL be a good game and we all need to do the best we can and show support.

january 20th is when melo returns and he's gonna play against us.

last time we played melo at home in january is when tmacs back went out and i was at the top of the nose bleed section screaming "OH GOD NOOOOOOOO"

it was quite a scene. anyways, tracy owes us a 30+ points and 10+ assist game/victory so come out and show ur support!!!!

and who wouldnt wanna see batman kick the nuggets arses again?

16. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

He had some help, McGrady was doubled most night.

17. kjames44

kjames44 Member

Gutsy win by the Rocks...last month they lose this game close rather than win it. What's up with Mac's broke game again. Man, this dude is on again-off again like a cheap prom date...talk about busted up from the charity stripe. Any way get over it and come back out tomorrow and it would be nice for him to find his shot again...soon because you need him for Dallas & Phx coming up next week. Way to ball down the stretch Battier!!!

18. noize

noize Contributing Member

A lot of dumb or people that don't understand basketball on this board. All super star is gonna have an off night for whatever reason, but they win games in other ways and that doesn't make them mentally weak. T-Mac decision making was awesome and so was his passing. The only critique I could say about him was his free-throw. To say T-Mac doesn't care was ludicrous.

Battier was money and made me eat crow and at the same time made me a bigger fan.

19. khanhdom

khanhdom Member

a win is a win. too tired to say anything as most have been covered already. Tmac is struggling the last two games, but the rest of the team has picked it up. Mostly because Tmac is setting them up for great scoring opportunities. Battier is so awesome, besides the winning 3, he got that charge late.

20. Robjos

Robjos Member

Alston in Denver

so What if Rafer shot horribly? he made plays when it mattered, and come on, his defense on Iverson was great, when Luther came to guard Iverson, you know it was missing, Alston did a great job on Iverson and you have to give complements where complements are due, all aroung great game for the rocks.