1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 5, 2013.

1. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

and just to show how meaningless +/- can be, the worst of the night was Harden, but hey let's leave that out!

2. pnr

pnr Member

mchale shoulda put lin back in when collison got back in. lin woulda driven right by and scored crucial points.

3. OpportunityCost

I'm not really against Lin sitting in the 4th. I thought Bev was beasting on defense. My issue is McHale's one-on-one or nothing at all strategy on offense. It's ridiculous. Sometime's it is successful. But how about when it isn't. Why can't an adjustment be made? Like how about a half-court set?

4. wapz

wapz Member

sigh at this reply

1 person likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

I don't. We have some damn good assistant coaches. But it's just idiocy to blame McHale in a game like this that amounts to a coin flip.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I do like Beverley's defense and hustle a bit more, and such things are more reliable than offense.

To answer your question, whichever player happens to be playing better that game is the player I'd favor.

7. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

You're crazy if you don't think this team has a ton of talent.. do you realize how many points this team has put up this season.. you don't do that unless you have some serious talent.

8. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Repped for this stats. Everyone should just look at it. From FG%, 3ptFG%, eFG%, Assists-to-Turnover, from sample size to rely on, I'd think you want Lin to be in.

9. dmoneybangbang

And we aren't with the players day in and day out. Again this game amounts to a coin flip. I could throw in....Delfino should have made one more three... parsons should have done this and that.... blah blah. Coin Flip bro.

10. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Rockets cannot win close games.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The mavs were hot and played as good as they should be. Vince Carter was literally pullingup for 3 every time and nailing it. Our offense is too stagnant sometimes, we need someone to open it up. Delfino is useless when he can't hit shots, garcia is the better option in situations like those.

12. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

This non-stop "energy" experimentation will derail Houston's chance in the playoff race.

How can you bench 2 starters (24pts/16rbs/3asts) for 2 backups (8pts/7rbs/7assts) and thought it went well? :confused:

CParsons: "BOGUS" :mad:

13. zdrav

zdrav Member

There have been multiple times when McHale/Sampson has made very questionable decisions regarding Lin's role and playing time.

But one thing has been consistent: Lin always responds with a stellar game sooner or later.

I expect Lin to go off against the Warriors, as if he didn't have enough motivation already with his personal history and the playoffs and all.

14. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Harden came in at 6:54 in 4th and pretty much dominated offense after that.

Once Harden game in Bev did not have rebound or assist again. He was 0-1 with one great block on Dirk. He stayed in front of man and played good defense.
    If Lin came in and just play this role, I rather just keep Bev in. Well I guess maybe Lin could hit that one shot Bev took as he decent offense night.

But with 6:54 that really too many minutes asking for Harden hero ball. It was so much that I think Harden wanted Bev initiate offense around 2:12 mark, but Bev deferred to Harden anyways. I'm pro doing Harden hero ball, but 6 plus minutes is too much.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

heh?? the fans don't run the franchise. I was talking about fans being knowledgeable. If recent championships is your standard then you need to fall back too.

16. New

I do not blame him, and I find it funny to try to blame someone, like "player X costs the game". It's never about blame. It's actually normal to lose a game. On the other hand, his decision is questionable. And he actually has a pattern of going small and/or Harden ISO when the game is close.

17. dmoneybangbang

LOLz. Talent wins championship..... We have a lot of players with some good upside, no doubt. However, you do realize this team shots nothing but high % shots.... Our philosophy isn't being implemented by most/hardly any of the league. Our style fits our personnel but I think we are going to get a gut check when we face the Spurs of OKC.

18. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

So, you feel beverley is better in the last 5 minutes in Today's game?
    Which part is better? Mavericks shot like hell and we barely come
    back from harden's iso.

19. rearwindow

rearwindow Member

Many people here do have some kind of bias against Lin. Generally in a NBA game starter will be benched if he played really bad or backup guy had a great night. But if two of them are at the same level it is quite unusual to bench your starter.

Lin was benched in Q4 while he played quite decently at least 4-5 times this season, and that is very, very unusual. Basically it said it plain and simple that Mchail has 0 trust in him. That is about it.

20. yohimbe505

yohimbe505 Member

What good is it to have a guy in the game because you have a guy who you think hustles more if you can't score the ball?