1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 1/16/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 16, 2013.

1. M4-Nightvision

Luca how much can you get the orginal apple iphone 5 unlock for in HK?

2. M4-Nightvision

the rockets need to run more pick n roll, set more picks and screen for Lin and Harden.

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

We need more movement off the ball. Harden and Lin need to come off of screens not have them set for them while they have the ball.

We already run PnR more than any team in the league.

4. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Dirk sees Morris and Patterson: "Really, Houston?"

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Problem is, we don't have anyone capable of effectively executing the P&R with Harden or Lin. Main reason why McHale has ditched the pick & roll as of late.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Loss. Book it.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Win.
    [​IMG]

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah teams just sag off of Omer so bad it isn't even funny. And they just double Lin & Harden. And when Lin shoots 3's guys just set up lawn chairs & watch it is embarrassing. Lin needs to never shoot 3's again only long 2's. His FG% is 44% in that range. If he starts hitting those shots consistently teams will defend him tighter. That will open up the driving lanes more.

Parsons needs to be more aggressive & take advantage of the seems in the defense when they are forced to double Lin & Harden. Parsons was really aggressive last night I want to see more of that from him. He also needs to pass in transition he has such tunnel vision on the break. Everybody needs to pass in transition. Literally when the Rockets run a fast break I am on my feet screaming pass the ****ing ball every single time.

I like the idea of a Lin Harden Carlos Parsons Asik line up would love to see it more. Also like the idea of a Lin harden Parsons Smith Asik line up as well.

9. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Alright this is the game rox need to regroup and coach needs to pull his head out of his ass and have Asik or any of our PF set screen for Harden and Lin. I don't care if Asik suck at pnr. Harden is more than capable of penetrate or pull up open 3. As for Lin, he has good mid range jumper. When his defendant gets stucked by Asik for 0.5 second, Lin can penetrate or shoot a mid jumper. Just hope he doesn't take 3s. Delfino can be shoot happy, Machale needs to limit our team's 3 balls if they don't fall. Last couple of games, 80% of our 3 jumpers were open, but nobody can buy a basket. I have no complain about Parson's game. He can just do his thing. MM and PP are huge liability both ends of floor. Be aggressive and take advantage of your size. That's all I can say. Everyone other than Parsons and Harden need to work overtime practicing free throw. Our team had worse free throw percentage than Howard for god sake. Oh and Harden defense please.

10. hbomb

hbomb Member

Good luck. Humm. I predict 107-100 Houston Wins.

11. Luca

Luca Member

I live in mid levels. Do u also live in HK?

12. Luca

Luca Member

I assume around HKD500. I don't have one so I don't really know.

13. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

My thoughts exactly. If we ever hold a Rockets fan to be "Coach for One Day" night at the toyota center, you have my vote.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

we always lose at dallas

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

There is always a first time. (Good Vibes) ;)

16. VanityHalfBlack

5 game losing streak continues...... Prove me wrong Red Nation!!!!

17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm going tonight. I think this is the perfect game for Houston to get back on track...because I'm so bummed about the recent losing streak (and its a back-to-back) that I expect them to lose.

So since I expect a loss... they'll win! lol.

god, I HATE losing to the Mavs. At least Jason Terry is gone... but Dirk is a Rocket killer and he's back so we'll see. No predictions here, just glad to to to a game.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Maybe if we lose enough, we would see significant changes. On the defensive side of things, at least.

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

We are due for a W :mad::mad:

20. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member