1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 4/17/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Member

10 Things I Learned At The Lakers Vs Rockets Game
    (note, I'm not a basketball expert so my observations are of a layman's):

1) There are a lot of hot girls that go to NBA games. The lower the seats, the more attractive they are as a general rule. Not always true, but a noticeable trend.
    [​IMG]

2) Jeremy Lin's warmup was substantially different than everyone else's. He took practice shots and then spent most of the time doing stretches, kicks, and other things that seem designed for the lower body.
    [​IMG]

3) JLin has picked up a really "bad" habit from Harden: looking and going for fouls. I don't remember him doing that so much last year. There were times he went to the rim tonight and it seemed he was looking to score via a foul rather than a genuine shot. Although to be fair, there were some fouls that weren't called. JLin got his face smashed quite a bit especially by Dwight. He needs that mouthguard and soon it'll be goggles and then a faceguard.
    [​IMG]

4) Delfino has some crazy facial expressions! It's like he has one for every conceivable situation.
    [​IMG]

5) Dwight Howard is a BEAST. Asik contained him pretty good, but Dwight seems monstrously athletic, which is also a testament to Asik's skills.

6) The BIGGEST miss match I saw all night long was with Delfino vs Gasol. I was like, "REALLY?" as I fish-eyed McHale and the coaching staff from 10 feet away. Between Gasol's superior size and reach, Delfino just could not keep up. Like I said, I'm a JTOF (Jeremy's Team Only Fan: I cheer his entire team on), but McHale frustrates the hell out of me.

7) Chandler Parson, when he cuts to the basket, is amazingly athletic and graceful. How he got overlooked in the draft is anybody's guess.

8) Laker fans are trolls.

9) 90% of the Asians at Staples center were Lakers fans. #racetraitors! #joke #notreally

10) I overheard some "casually" racist comments about JLin from the crowd. Mostly along the lines of if he missed, "Oh, that's cause he's Asian!" (ie they're implying he has small, chinky Asian eyes). I've heard worse personally and I've also heard from other people at Rockets away games who have had it worst (one incident coming to mind where a little Asian girl broke down crying in front of her dad while a group behind them was making fun of JLin).

Overall, a good time. Disappointed we lost and dropped like a rock in the playoff standings, but excited that we're going to the playoffs!

2. wincan459

wincan459 Member

You are probably r****ded because you can't be 13 years old.

Do you understand the word "objectivity"? Who in the world would say Lin missing a free throw is because of the coach. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Somebody doesn't understand sarcasm LOL

4. New

I do not blame you. Watch the game and you will know that you should not judge a player's game by box score.

5. New

Yeah. You made things up just to bash Lin. Very classy.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

One thing I noticed: Everyone in the Staples Center is blurry for some reason.

7. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

Yeah it was the momentum that killed with unjustified (probably panicked) rotations.
    http://sportige.com/houston-rockets...d-in-james-harden-style-of-basketball-04-2013

McHale just needs to trust his starters and play their role.

With no proper gameplan drawn, Harden had hard time, trying way too hard (iso) carrying the team forward. When that happens the floor players just froze; not knowing where to move/space. 4Q and OT showed that clearly.

8. Spencer Haywood

Spencer Haywood New Member

Without Lin they wouldn't even have made the playoffs. Harden single-handedly has lost 12 to 15 games. Can those Lin haters say that about Lin? NO!!

9. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From footwearfoot.

Sorry if this was already posted.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kw5PBZb071Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

so what are you going to do, just stay mad and completely disregard what the Rockets have accomplished all season?

I thought about this, i could have stayed angry and just ripped our rockets to no end, but i'd rather have a glass half full approach and enjoy where we are, and look forward to what we're going to do, moving forward.

11. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

some respectable analysts have echoed what a lot of our fans have been saying, when the latter parts of the 4th quarter arrive, we play hero ball.

so whose fault is it? Is it James Harden's fault? is he completely abandoning the team concept and trying to be the man?

Either McHale is being tuned out, or he's putting Harden in Kobe's shoes at the end of games.

12. tvd

tvd Member

You are obviously HATE LIN. Just admit and don't be ashamed. Obviously you also like the ISO concept that McFail continues to allow unless that is all he can come up with. LOSER!:mad:

13. tvd

tvd Member

THANKS FOR THE STATS. GOOD WORK!:p

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

isn't that a LOF lol.

thanks for your post anywho.

15. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Member

I think the difference, in my opinion, is that I don't want to make it a pissing contest between Harden and Lin, as if for some reason the two can't coexist in harmony. Where the whole is greater than the some of its individual parts.

16. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

200+ pages. 0_0

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Dafuq?

18. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

This is a game that we should have won, just like 20 other close games we should have won, but failed to capitalize on our lead. But I have no doubt, that next season, we can beat the Lakers and other Western Conference teams on the road, if Morey brings us a decent PF and a deeper bench.

19. myjohnlai

myjohnlai Member

Harden 6 turnovers.
    Lin 2 turnovers.

20. myjohnlai

myjohnlai Member

When your PG is pulling away with double digit lead, your coach benched him. The tide changed of course. They wouldn't call it point guard for nothing.