1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/3/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2017.

1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Ingram has taken leaps this year and is only 20. Regardless of the small sample size of Kuzma, I would still take Ingram any day.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

He has the Lakers playing top 5 defense this year, thats impressive.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on the win but I saw James freaked out a couple of times at CP for not giving him the ball. There's apparently something going on between them.

cheke64 and DwangBoy like this.
  4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I saw this too and my thoughts are CP3 doesn't like Harden standing around off the ball any more than I do. He really needs to run around off the ball instead of standing in "Sugar Land" and keep the D honest. Otherwise, the two will never be potent together, only when staggered playing separately. As much as CP3 has adapted, Harden needs to follow suit and learn to move better off the ball during his minutes with CP3.

CP3 has to put his foot down at some point and call Hardem out on this - because if it happens... and I think it could....I will readily proclaim the Rockets what others are prematurely calling, Championship caliber.

Clarification: CP3 wants James to move around and James just wants to ISO.. CP3 waits for Harden to move around, he doesn't - he gets upset he doesn't have the ball to ISO. Only thing is..... that shouldn't be the norm.

#704 DwangBoy, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    hongxingli, cheke64, saleem and 2 others like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You would never do such a thing

6. riko

riko Member

Nothing but good things is going on.. It's the figment of you're imagination.Harden an d Paul look great together.Pretty much every sports beat writer is saying as much but you keep trying to cause trouble ...

#706 riko, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That wasn't about the ball, that was about what set they were going to run, Harden thought he should be in a different spot to where Paul wanted him.

8. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

What spot is that? 10 feet off the 3-pt line ?? As opposed to what - run baseline around a backdoor screen?

I'm with CP3 on whatever "conflict" there was on that play.

hongxingli and cheke64 like this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nice stats and achievement. Rockets are regulating on both ends of the floor.

Healthy playoffs, please.

D-rock likes this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not sure how valid this is with that silly 103 Pace they are running. I'm usually a big fan of the Team DRtg stat, but I also feel if you are giving up nearly 110 ppg (ranked 26th most) then your DRtg is more gimmicky than impressive.

Sorry, the league-leading 103 Pace isn't impressing me.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Kusma was the 27th pick, the rockets traded away the 28th pick

don grahamleone and saleem like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

That 10-1 wining record is outstanding but now we play Utah which is actually starting to roll so it will be a good test. Harden and Paul great together and if Gordon gets his groove back god help the league.

Mazulis and saleem like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. riko

riko Member

Even a known Rockets hater in Stein admiting the Harden and Paul tandom looks great. Wow

15. Drogba

Drogba Member

If D'Antoni wanted Harden to run around a million screens like Klay Thompson then he would already be doing it.

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Until Thursday.....

Killatron 2000, Mazulis and Tfor3 like this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure CP was brought in to take some of the load/wear and tear off of Harden.
    Harden doesn't need to run circles for them to be effective. CP can run P&R and penetrate and kick back out to Harden.
    Or Harden can get his own shots. Doesn't need to run circles around screens.
    We have 2 All-Star guards. 1 sets the table while the other waits for easy catch/shoot or catch/drive.

18. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Never thought I would see the day where even opposition fans are praising Harden.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Lonzo ain't ready for the NBA. They should send him to the G League to get his confidence up.

But Ingram and that Kuzma dude is noice. LOL Walton has this dude coming off the bench when he was averaging something like 22pts in the past 5 games they played.

don grahamleone and BigShasta like this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL take it easy theres no "conflict"

harden is the only player cp3 willing to play second fiddle to

pretty sure there's mutual/equal BBall IQ and respect between Harden, Cp3, and MDA