1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Knicks 10/9/2017 (Preseason)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

As of right now, NBA LP offers one team packages for $18/mo. However, good teams get too many games blacked out, so you either can't cut the cord, or you continue using Reddit for the black out games. One thing to consider, the black out games are nationally televised, and those games have the most streams available at Reddit, of very competing HD quality.

what I'm waiting for is the NBA to finally allow us to buy the black out games for streaming, some how / some way....or ESPN and TNT offer it. However it's done. I just will never buy NBA LP again due to those black out rules of taking away our best games, nor even allowing us to buy Playoff.

bottomline: I mean, name your price NBA/ESPN/TNT/ABC for the black out games and playoffs. But they won't. Yet, international subscribers get it. So, I'm pirating now.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I hope we see some chemistry.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

If the Rockets offered a streaming option then I'd be all over that. They need to do that for fans that don't live in the city or for fans like me that have DISH and don't get AT&T SportsNet.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In addition to NBATV, it sounds like this game will be streamed on the Houston Rockets facebook page (like the last Sharks game).

Dr of Dunk, Nivos and Little Bit like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

going back 2 decades NBA LP is one of the most customer-unfriendly entities i've seen. every year they find some new way to infuriate the people who for their service. this year, all of a sudden they decided not to create an intl app for android tv's. so now i have to cast from phone smh

6. CCapps

CCapps Contributing Member

I was considering the whole vpn intl package. Do any games get blacked out or do you get all except playoffs? And is there an archive? Like if I miss a game can I go back and watch it the next morning?

7. Houtho

Houtho Member

CP3 out tonight

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

NOOOO!!

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This is so freaking frustrating. I only pay for cable so I can get these games. I changed cable providers just so I could get these games. I pay for the more expensive package than basic cable ONLY so I can watch these games.

And I STILL can't watch these games.

It's unbelievably frustrating and makes it hard to be a fan. I'm so upset over it I just wrote Morey a personal note to vent.

If I weren't chronically ill and presently bedridden I'd go out and watch at a bar, like I had to do constantly when I was on the road for 4 years, but I am bedridden so I'll go through the frustrating exercise of trying to watch a stream that keeps stopping to buffer.

And all these years later (after the Comcast debacle) I'm still paying so much money just to miss games.

I grew up watching games on local, FREE TV. Which makes perfect sense if you want to develop and maintain a local fan base. The Rockets are (STILL) making it too hard to be a local fan.

Nook, heypartner and DonKnock like this.
  10. BleedsRocketRed

Wtf? From what???
    In reality its probably "bruised"

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Man what the hell?!?!?

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Dang. Was SO looking forward to this game, mostly to see more CP3 in a Rockets uni. Now I'll be streaming and Paul will be out, both. Bummer.

DonKnock and Snow Villiers like this.
  13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Wish they would at least live stream on Youtube so I can watch from my TV. :mad:

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

all games + archive

CCapps likes this.
  15. Nivos

Nivos Member

Anderson scores 50.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If Anderson scores 20+, will there be a lynching after the game?

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

So they shorten the preseason & in the process, remove the games from TV? :rolleyes:

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Get use to injury Chris Paul. Gordon and Anderson.

3 of the most injured players in the league. 2 out of 3 won't make it till the end.

19. RocketsFanBrian

Ryno better go OFF against NYK

20. theimpossibles1

Who is your provider @Batman Jones ? I also had to pay for a premium package just so I could watch Rox/Stros) I have att uverse u300 package.