1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 10/18/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 18, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dud, you're still posting?

SIL

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

We're not in shape, but I'm noticing most teams aren't. LeBron looked slow, Klay looks heavy, etc. Spurs look conditioned.

Only person looks better is EGO. We'll be good once we're in shape.

SIL

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Our defense was good in the half court.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, you are still signing with SIL...... isn't that boring to do every time?

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dude, who in the hell are you?

SIL

6. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No, not good enough.we needed to be better.

SIL

raining threes and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. JaceMan da SpaceMan

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Awesome! African style bwoy

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What is bwoy

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yo Chi ‘bout to jump in and end that boi’s life but then he was like nah fam ima chill.

TracywtFacy and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does that rain dance work on the fields?

13. Drogba

Drogba Member

So we're gonna act like Harden's TO's aren't abnormally low at the moment? Could argue it's the only reason we've won both games.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They should stay down lower, at least than the last 2 seasons with Paul handling the ball more.

15. AlaisterCuaresma

What's up red nation!!! Another win! LET'S GET IT! I made a top 5 plays video against the Kings.

Let me know what you guys think. :D

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Truthfully, it should have been 2 FTs and the ball if the foul occurred before the ball was put into play, right? Isn't that the result of a foul before the ball enters play? I didn't see anything conclusive that I would have called, but I did see a tug before the ball was thrown in. He's clearly not running 'freely'. His impeded with a hand on his hip.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I get that. But I think what you really want is actually more diverse plays, not different shots off the same play (PnRs).

I say that because: (1) I will always differ to Harden and Paul's judgement on whether a pull-up off PnR achieves anything better in the moment (like presumably forcing coverage to stay honest), and (2) you are assuming the shot is there a lot.

I contend defenses are tracking Harden with the Big (in ICE defense or switches) more than leaving their big back giving up midrange space. I say this because there is just too much video evidence showing how Capela and Harden destroy that defense by going downhill at them 2 on 1, after the Pick sheds Harden's man. In the end, if the Big tracks Harden in ICE or Switch he should attack it or pass, since the midrange is taken away. If the big stays back, he still attacks it 2 on 1. Staying back is foolish defense without sending help...and help should create a pass.

So, given that I believe that tweaking the PnR probably won't create more mid-range shots on demand, I look for actual different plays to get them when needed/wanted. And I think MDA has plays to do that...at least for Harden/CP3.

cheers

D-rock likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Audio sounded cleaner today. Good job. It distorts when you yell "boom" as expected. You have to turn away from the mic any time you get loud. It'll still pick it up. Just advice from someone that's done V/Os.

AlaisterCuaresma likes this.
  19. AlaisterCuaresma

Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated :D

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, that was my first guess. They were using the review guideline to check the timing of the foul...in order to see if a technical foul should be awarded prior, due to foul prior to ball leaving Ariza's hands. Then I tossed out that idea based upon wording of their tweet....thinking they would have said "Checking to see if Technical was committed."

But now that I rethink it, "Which player shoots free throws" might have meant that. Who shoots free throws would be up to MDA, in the event of a technical.

don grahamleone likes this.