1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

At the end of the game, McGrady pulled his shirt-tail out, and I noticed he was wearing a very large support "garment" under his shirt. You can just see a bit of the outline in the shot. (great pics, BTW!) That's why he's been looking so stiff, and one of the reasons, I think, that they gave him a special chair. It allows him to play, but he's been having to adapt to it.

I haven't read this whole thread, not even close. Anyone else notice that? I think it explains a lot.

2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah that's true but there's only a couple reasons IMO for his sluggishness:

1. His back is bothering him - that would be terrible news, but it doesn't quite seem like it.

2. The guy knows it's going to be a long haul without Yao. He probably is slowing it down a little. No point in going all out on games that don't matter as much so he's not risking another injury? - I doubt it's this, though.

3. He's in a funk - Both mentally and physically. This is probably it though I don't know what it would be mentally and after having such a hot streak maybe he's just slowed down a little.

It will be interesting to see how he handles this tough stretch of games we have coming up.

He has shouldered the load so far and led this team pretty well, and has gotten a lot of quality help from his teamates.

I *still* can't get over the fact he was being shut down and bullied around by Yakhouba frickin' Diawara!! I mean no offense to the guy but if T-Mac was trying his hardest there is no way that guy could even stay with him. Weird.

3. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Word dude!

That's interesting, I also saw the shot if him pulling out his shirt and that support thing he was wearing. Interesting.

I hope it's something minor/temporary like that rather than the couple reasons I posted above.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've had back surgery and believe me, it's very hard to move naturally when you're wearing something strapped around your torso. This could possibly be good news, because it explains why he's been moving awkwardly, unnaturally, un-McGrady like, if you will. It doesn't mean his back is worse. Obviously, that's what I'm hoping. If he's keeping himself in the games and playing at a pretty high level, I'm happy. With Yao out, we're lost without him. (duh!)

5. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

No, you're wrong. Last season, a divisional champion was guaranteed a top 3 seed. This season, divisional champions are guaranteed a top 4 seed, and their opponent in the playoffs will be decided via the 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5 matchups accordingly. However, homecourt advantage will be granted to the team with the better record, regardless of seeding.

Currently, we're the 5th seed behind Utah despite having a slightly better record. But like I said before, it's still early in the season and our current seed is meaningless at the moment.

6. yowyao

yowyao Member

i need a torrent for this game, and also the denver game yesterday! are there any?! pls R2K!! thank you!!!! :D

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's impressive how he's adjusted to running around with a brace on. Nice catch, Deckard.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i call it a bro.

some call it a mansiere.

this team is amazing. so much fun to watch.

10. Nero

Nero Member

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but..

MY GOD!! That was ARCO frickin ARENA??

That was the quietest, most lifeless arena I have heard/seen an a LONG time.

Didn't it used to be, ARCO was the LAST place you wanted to go in an play?

Sheesh, that team is headed for a huge fall, pretty soon I think. Any time we all start feeling sorry for ourselves about anything Rockets-related, all we need to do is say 'Well, at least we're not Sacramento!'

11. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I completley agree. I was actually just talking about that with my buddy the other nite. This team seems very close and you can see it in the way the play. The Rockets are 25-13, and to think they really should be 30-8 with the close losses to SA, GS, LAL(2), and IND. I loved the 04-05 team, but that team is not nearly as good as this team.

What a difference a year makes. Last year absolutely nothing went right. Cant wait till Yao gets back. This team and season has that special feeling to me.

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I've seen that before, on Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant. Bryant when he was thumping his chest when he made his game winner against the Suns (looked like a maniac then :D) and pulled the 'sleeve' on his right arm, he thumped his white 'garment'

and on NBA behind the scenes when Paul was getting his uniform on. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

13. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Kobe's brace was wrapped around his chest wasn't it?

Tracy has one wrapped around the back

14. goyao11

goyao11 Member

wow i heard that battier took an elbow to the head and his head started bleeding... :eek:

is he okay??

15. pandazn

pandazn Member

He's fine. He just got a few stitches.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats the sad thing if tracy and yao were healthy we probably could have won the GS game, the IND, game, the POR game, the second Wolves game on the road and the double OT game gainst the lakers.

but injuries happen i am hoping when gets back if we are playing well and in the playoff race he is just going to bring it like the beast he is and put us over the top

17. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

These kinds of comments are not just pointless, they are just plain stupid. You guys should read all these comments the next day..... a revelation. Typical knee jerk reaction that has turned this place into The Kiddie Corner.

18. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

that statment is the piece of ### you foul mouthed punk.

19. nappdog

nappdog Contributing Member

BMoney did not make that "piece of shyt" comment about Rafer. He's quoting that comment from someone else and defending Rafer.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tmac looked great last night...let's not forget he was being guarded by Artest. Artest is too strong and quick to let people just drive by him.