1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/13/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 13, 2007.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you'd rather tmac have a 15 pt 5 ast 'energetic' game resulting in a loss

than 34 pt 11 ast non-energetic win?

2. gogorocketsno1

Rox shoot lower percentage and didn't win rebound. They won in lower turnovers and 3 pointers. Only 9 turnovers. McGrady was doing a great job tonight, after taking two games "off". :D

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

great logic :rolleyes:

When did tmac play energetically and NOT get at least 30 points, 4-5 dimes? not to mention losing when he plays energetically, we've won all the games where he has taken it to the rack more (ie first four games he was back from injury).

You're making up facts by saying T-mac has had a game where he played energetically but only got 15 pt 5 ast and we lost. Don't bring you weak argument here :cool:

4. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

This team, particularly Deke, just keep surprising me. Everyone underestimated this team, include us, the fans.

5. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I'm sure he meant sluggish as an his shooting in the first half and some what in the second half but very little and its Tmac a kind of player who can have 20 or 30 pts in a blink of an eye with bad shooting night but that doesn't mean he had a great night! though I'll take 37 over 8 :)

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Also, his 34 points is mostly a result of his hot 3 pt shooting streak in the late stages of the game - I was fully supporting T-mac shooting at that point, since he was on fire.

But earlier in the game, if he drove more and played more aggressively, we would've blown Kings right out of the water and there would've been no need for overtime.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Yes, thank you Riz, that's what I meant.

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

yes, our role players are proving me wrong! game by game they are being more and more consistant making me more and more :D !!! It makes all of us(rockets fans) proud of our elite team! being forth in western confereance is a HUGE achievement!! and if we were in east we would be in.... go look it up! :)

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

well that is one trait that bugs me about him at times is that he settles too often for jumpers. Sometimes, esp when he is slumping/the team is in a scoreless stretch he needs to go to the basket more.

10. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I searched youtube and didn't see Battier takin one for the team, anybody got a link to the vid? Missed the game tonight :(

11. Prosun

Prosun Member

Hey it's the "rodent-bear" combination! ... anyway, Steve Francis... your thoughts Clutch?

I'd do it because we don't have much to lose. It's pretty similar to the Astros signing Richard Hidalgo when I think about it. Not much risk involved.

12. johnrox

johnrox Member

not really, hidalgo is signed to a minor league contract. if he isn't playing well, noone in houston will see his face. but as far as francis, you don't send him to d league. the risks are totally different. if francis doesn't play he's going to sulk on the bench, and etc...

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

:confused:

I thought I was.

So you're reading the game thread and you don't want to see any post commenting on the game? And you must have missed those posts where I say, "Great shot!" or, "Head is a God!" or other over-the-top comments the 'other' way...you know, positive stuff. Seriously, you clearly haven't read many of my posts, I actually tend to be much more 'positive' about this team than most other posters. I am usually the guy around here -- along with R2K and a few others -- after we lose games asking everyone to calm down and focus on the positives instead of the shortcomings of the team. I am also realistic and don't let my homerism blind me.

May be you're unaware, but the game thread is generally a place where posters come to 'vent' while watching the game. Still, on balance, I give guys their due as much as I harbor on their negatives.

Seriously, it seems like you're just being oversensitive about criticism directed at Rafer...there is little merit to your complaint otherwise, I make considerably more positive remarks about this team than negative ones. My assessment of Rafer Alston the player is not 'negative', it's based on everything I have seen from him in his entire tenure as a Rocket. The man IS the weak link on this team, and it worries me as a hardcore Rockets fan. I just happen to see vulnerability and I am pointing it out. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you actually did make a habit of reading my posts (thanks for confirming that you don't), you would already know the answer to that. But because I know you're not a regular reader and you're just trying to pick a fight, I will sum up my position for you:

1) We don't have an 'in-house' solution to our PG woes;

2) In this system, the ideal fit for this team is a Jason Terry/Mike James clone who can shoot the ball with consistency and keep his turnovers/mental mistakes to a minimum. The premium shouldn't be on a PG who can handle the ball or is a ball distributor as long as T-Mac is on this team, since it would actually hurt the Rockets as a whole if McGrady is relegated to nothing more than a Rip Hamilton-type. Again, on this team, the emphasis has to be a PG who can consistently knock down open jumpers, and I am not just talking about 3-pointers.

Stop PMSing and making up crap as you go. I didn't make this personal. I stated nothing more but my personal opinion that as a starting PG, Rafer sucks. I also think Smush Parker is garbage...there is absolutely nothing personal about that, my comments were strictly directed at Rafer as the starting PG of the Houston Rockets, not Rafer the person, father, husband, or anything else.

Again, you're clearly oversensitive about Rafer, may be you're a relative or his agent or something. It's OK that you disagree, but I still stand by my comments, and it's NOT personal. He strikes me as a great guy, I think this team is full of good character guys, and Rafer is one of them.

Geez, are you an Eagles fan or something?

Are you freakin' kidding me? "All negative"? LOL! What the hell do you expect fans to do when a player has a bad game? Criticism does not equal being 'negative', especially when I consistently point out the positives of this team and players on this team.

You're reaching big time...I guess you're running out of ammunition.

I won't reply to your garbage anymore, just put me on ignore.

14. herson713

herson713 Member

great game tonite this weekend was great 9 out of 10 thas the roxs wins I cant complain I was hoping for 500 bal without yao but ill take this I wish the mavs or spurs lose some time ... I think we can win the sw div???? should we be 6 th seed or 4 seed ???

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROCKETS FOR LIFE FOOLS!

WHOOOOOOO!

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

That's a freakin' sick picture! NICE!!!

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Shows how close this team is. I love it. Reminds me of 2 seasons ago when we played Dallas. JB, Sura, TMAC, Yao. They all seemed like best friends. The team coexisted as ONE.

GO ROCKETS!

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Have to agree with tigermission on this one, yes, Rafer has issues with his game that drive me nuts but, he is not a P.O.S! Yeah, that's real constructive criticism and analysis. :rolleyes:

He at least makes clutch shots and plays, remember Stevie Franchisee, the 85 million dollar bust? He could find a gagillion ways to screw up a game and yes, he has already blown at least one playoff game. So in your anal review of greatest PG screwups, if you're fair, SF is way worse than Rafer, right? So what would you say about Stevie?

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

you can't be sluggish and score 37 points on ron artest but i will agree t-mac hasn't been as bouncy the last three games as he was the previous 5. that could possibly be where the sluggish look comes from. he's such a gifted player that even at less than full strength he can carry a team.

20. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yeah when you've got guys like Yao and McGrady leading you, i'm sure it's not too hard to be chill. Shane Battier is also just such a humble guy it humbles YOU to be around HIM. Dikembe Mutumbo...how can you not like him? Everyone on the Rockets seem really cool.