1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 5/6/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 6, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah.. harden needs to be always aggressive either by shooting, attacking, and passing so multiple defenders continue to gravitate towards him.. creating space and taking off defensive pressure and scoring opportunities for cp3, capela, etc..

and if he does miss shots or commit turnovers what's important is he steps defensively so we aren't outscored and we score the next possessions

a neutered harden hesitating to shoot or pass is the last thing we want (see ego vs ryno)

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd like to see Adam Silver or whoever is in charge of these refs, to direct these refs to award 3 FTs. I know it's a cheap foul, but so is every "clear path" foul. You call it because not fouling in these scenarios makes the game more exciting. There's nothing wrong with having refs exploit the rules to make the game more exciting. That is a shooting foul according to the rules, but refs can ignore that sort of thing if they deem it so. That's fine, but without that foul their would have been a breakaway dunk that would have ignited excitement in the game. So why are you allowing the defense to take excitement out of the game if exciting basketball is what you're trying to sell?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Seriously loving CC right now and the way he talks to the media. Keep talking **** Clint!!! He also knew that we needed him the last 4 minutes in the game regardless how tired he was. He was determined to come out after the Timeout and just keep waving fingers.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol this guy from the other team. oh yeah CC!!

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Clint "Not in my paint" Capela

BigMaloe, Hakeemtheking and Plowman like this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now, he's sounding like Dream.

9. j@amc

j@amc Member

Okay, we have to give our props to CP3 as well. Besides finding his shot, he only allowed 7 points on 71 possessions. His D against the Warriors will be critical to any success.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hell yeah

Was gonna post the same.
    Don't even say his name.

YOLO likes this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So can we have someone fire him up every game.

That was so fun to watch the Jazz hopelessly drive the ball in the paint.

If Harden didn't stink up the joint the Rockets may have won by 30 last night.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It’s hard not to look to the next round, but the Rockets need to make sure they close the Jazz out in 5. I do not want to go back to Utah, lose and take a chance on a game 7.

Focus and close this out now.

whiskeyred likes this.
  14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

It’s not suppose to be fts on that play bro. They changed the rules to prevent unrealistic shots like that to be awarded with fts. The refs can deem if it was a realistic shot attempt

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hopefully he'll be able to fully extend for a nice release on that fishing rod

Zboy and ThatGuyJoe like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No excuse to not wrap this up tomorrow night.

BMoney and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. don grahamleone

Bro, you're not getting what I'm saying. That is essentially a fastbreak... one of the most exciting plays in the game and they take it away with the foul. The refs do have the option to call that, but they are instructed not to. They have for years. But if they called it 3 FTs... maybe teams would stop committing that foul and let the play unfold.

My idea = better more exciting basketball because intentional fouls at the half court line are boring.

Also, it's supposed to be supposed, not suppose.

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I can type a lot better on my computer than on my phone but that’s besides the point. They do have rules for it and it’s the breakaway foul but we needed someone ahead of the defender fouling. We try to foul and stop the fast real very often so I’m not tripping about this call.

20. don grahamleone

Right, it's not a life altering adjustment. But if it leads to more action and less stopped play with the ball in the ref's hand... I'm all for it. Watching action is better than watching refs facilitate the game. Watching a ref hand a player a ball and controlling where they stand, how long they get to hold the ball, etc.. the better the game is for me.

I understand about the phone typing. Sorry for busting on you about that.