1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 5/4/2018 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 3, 2018.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

This game will tell us a lot. For about a month the Rockets have appeared happy and SATISFIED to have won the best record derby and home court advantage. That was a good goal, but not the ultimate goal hopefully. They don't look hungry, motivated, even scared. They look complacent. No sense of urgency is disturbing for a team in the playoffs. Or, they are "scared" and playing tight. In any case, they look like a shadow of their former selves. Can they get their mojo back? We will see.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Would be nice if they tried in the first half this game

Would also be nice if they adjusted to Joe Ingles

Deuce and ramotadab like this.
  3. RCPM

RCPM Member

GO ROCKETS!!!

4. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

The team as a whole needs to shoot the ball better, it's simple as that. When most of your offense is spacing & hitting open 3's yet you keep bricking open shots on a continual basis and then compound that by letting the other team knock down open looks, it's a recipe for a loss. Harden & Capela can only do so much, our "shooters" need to step TF up... I'm looking at you Ariza, Gordon, Luc, Anderson, Green.

Hakeemtheking and ramotadab like this.
  5. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Maybe some adversity will be good for them. They need to play defense consistently, and although some players could definitely show more consistency, the key is really Gordon. If he settles down and starts playing like 6th Man of the Year again, the Rockets have a good future ahead of them. If he never comes around, the Rockets might as well cancel any championship aspirations this year and start thinking about which better player they can flip him and Anderson for.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

The Jazz half-court defense was terrific, they determined to stay with the 3pt shooters, and big guy changed almost every shot came into the pain. Plus, the Utah guards just look much quick than every Rockets on the court, they made the Rockets look real old and slow, especially the back-court players.

I think the game will be decided by two things, how good Rockets can play the defense, and how Harden be officiated.

If they can play solid D, create some turnover to score some easy transition points, that'll open up everything else.

On half court offense, Harden had a hard time to score because the Jazz quick guards won't let him shoot 3s, and he had hard time to score inside when the big guy is in the game. Last game he got some calls against the guards, but not against the big guy.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yet the Rockets still scored 108 points. The problem wasn't the offense(well, aside from the latter half of the 4th quarter). It was the defense.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Anybody else trying to avoid seeing or hearing any sports talk shows today?
    I just can't watch those shows after we lose.
    It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
    Can't wait for tomorrow!

Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The "communication issue." PJ Tucker alluded to this last night. MDA talks about it here.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

MDA also touched on it briefly in his post game last night @Deuce

Deuce likes this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'll be at this game live. Good luck, me.

Which Jazz player should I kick in the shins?

Tfor3 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Generally "role players" in the "playoffs" shoot well at home and not on the road. Utah flipped that in game 2.

Thing is, as bad as the Rockets shot, their DEFENSE really was the issue. If your defense is on point you can weather the storm on shooting.

In game 3, the Rockets have to get back to their tough defense. Ingles has to be covered. If Crowder, Exum, Burks make 3's then so be it.

PeterKingX and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Best way to shut everyone up is to beat that ass.

Tfor3 likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just to shake things up, the Rockets should try to have a lead at the end of the 1st quarter. That would be nice.

napalm06, Tfor3 and arabrocket like this.
  16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i couldn't agree more, i've been saying that ever since the timberwolves series started and i just don't see the fire in them, i also get the sense that Dantoni is satisfied as well hence the team always chilling at the beginning of games instead of coming out fearless and make a statement. We toyed with timberwolves couple of times and we'er doing the same thing with Utah but the jazz have a very smart coach and a disciplined team. I don't like what i'm seeing right now.

napalm06 likes this.
  17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I’m calling it now,

Boring Win!!!!!

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not really liking his body language or voice inflection .. just more nonchalant bullshit. Chris was terrible last night. It starts with him and being a leader of this team he should show more passion.

napalm06, 1Deep and arabrocket like this.
  19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Didn't feel good about game 2 right off the bat. I feel like we're coming out to win it on game3. They woke now!

20. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member