1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/22/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Absolutely, they had their backs to the wall and were playing like a desperate, cornered cat.
    It was literally do or die for them. We couldn't put them away.
    We'd better come out focused and take care of business next game. Don't want this to turn into a series

riko likes this.
  2. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am not sure that there is enough offense in the game if we had Faried. The lane was closed. Faried can't shoot. Our only hope at that point was the small lineup with shooters. A game like this a true good sized stretch 4 would have been nice. Ryan Anderson before the yips could have helped. Jazz arena ain't red. He would have shot 45%.

Even the 2016 dumpster fire that was the Rockets took a game from the Warriors who were head and shoulders (and the rest of the body) better than us. If Clint has the virus that seems to be going around (several people I know have it) it is about a 5 day virus. Hopefully he will show more energy and pep Wednesday.

Let's not forget the Jazz are the number 1 defensive team and are a MUCH better rebounding team. That was bound to catch up at some point.

What I DO NOT WANT is for a 2nd record to be set this post season. GSW already set the record for worst comeback loss in playoff history. I don't want to be the first team to allow an opponent to come back from 3-0.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is what's up.

The Jazz deserve credit for being able to shut down a big part of what the Rockets do on offense. The Jazz have taken away the lobs and the floaters. They've taken away most of the easy points around the bucket. Rudy Gobert is a special talent when defending in the paint.

So, this means the Rockets are left with playing good defense and knocking down three point shots to win games. We've done a pretty good job in this series, but it fell apart in the 4th quarter last night when we couldn't make a three.

When the Rockets are only scoring when making threes, then the Rockets are going to have scoring droughts like they had last night in the 4th quarter. It happens. It's expected.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Frustrating to stay up and watch only for them to roll over in the 4th quarter smh. I see some people complaining about Harden which is ridiculous, the entire game changed when we took him out to end the 3rd and start the 4th. The team couldn't hold it down without him. Just never like to see the team roll over no matter the circumstances.

I expect a blowout in Game 5.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. touring_low

touring_low Member

Didnt really watch this game cuz i knew it was an L after seeing what the NBA pulled bringing in Tony Brothers. I'm not worried tho, we got em tomorrow especially with Scott Foster in Toronto tonight.

6. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Our bench scored a grand total of 5 points. I thought we were deeper than last year?

Remlap likes this.
  7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Chit. We thought Utah was going to roll over and die too, but they didn't. Guess what, the other team gets paid to win as well, and they are as prideful as our players. Simple enough, they wanted it more than our players. Lesson learned. Now, let's beat them hard in front of our fans.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's very unlikely to happen again. Especially at home.

9. MystikArkitect

NBA made Brothers ref a back to back. Wouldn’t be so sure.

Remlap and BigShasta like this.
  10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I truly do not understand the line up to start the 4th.

WTF

smp likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was reportedly due to an injury to another official. Also, it's a lot easier to hop a plane from LA to Salt Lake City for games that tip off 29 hours apart vs flying from Toronto to Houston for games that are 25 hours apart.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Caprah

Caprah Member

Hakeemtheking and vlaurelio like this.
  13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I turned the game off in the 4th when Capela blew another lob attempt. Reading now that he's sick makes me less disgusted with him, but it didn't change that I didn't need to stay up late to see the Rockets blow the game. (Is it possible for Capela to start coughing/sneezing/flicking his sweat/etc. at the opposing players to make them all sick, too?)

Rockets the last couple of games have looked like a team that is waiting for their opponent to roll over instead of beating them down. They've had that lazy streak in them all season long. Like D'Antoni said during the game, you can't settle into the game if you never showed up to play in the first place. It hasn't helped that Utah has basically mastered the Bucks defense as well as their personnel allows them to, so they're making the Rockets a lot more uncomfortable on offense. I think that's kind of a good thing, though, because the Rockets need to come up with some ideas for breaking that down if they're planning on winning anything this year, but they really ought to close them out at home next game because the series is trending more in Utah's direction rather than the Rockets getting increasingly dominant.

Hakeemtheking and vlaurelio like this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

well he never prepared and coached to win in the first place

15. touring_low

touring_low Member

Scott Foster would have to catch an ASAP flight to make it down here from Toronto then.

16. Mr. Space City

Adam silver will let Scott Foster use his private jet.

topfive and pippendagimp like this.
  17. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Rockets can't ever seem to just get a sweep. Lol

Only one 4 game sweep in franchise history ('95 Finals).

18. touring_low

touring_low Member

Lol I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, but if I see Scott Foster in Houston tmrw I'm boycotting the NBA.

riko and Mr. Space City like this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Would somebody please ban this troll (again)?

Remlap and biff17 like this.