1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 11/19/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2012.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Very winnable game because the Rockettes are not playing either Blazers/Lakers/Heat....

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I hate the Jazz, and everything to do with the Jazz.

3. Gil

Gil Member

Ppat against Big Al, Favors, Kanter & Milsapp.

LOL. Obvious loss.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Start TJ!

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Milsap is going to kill us.

6. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

i predict either we are down 15 all game and never come back or a 10-15 point lead in which we will blow and lose..

7. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I really hope we win against the Jazzholes. Omer is gonna need alot of help inside the paint against Millsap and Jefferson.

[​IMG]

8. addictionary

addictionary Member

Jazz suck nowadays. But usually away from their home. This one's at ESA so tougher than it seems. I hope they play Kanter. I wanna measure which Turk rebounds better.

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

10. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

With our luck Hayward is gonna go off on us.

Oh, and F**k the Jazz, forever. I hate that stupid franchise.

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I hope I don't have to hear the jazz commentary tonight

12. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

4-6 on 1st 10 games. Painful :(. Even if some predicted 3-7, and we are 4-6. Still painful.

What will be Rockets record on the next 10?

Jazz is 11th, can we win? The Lakers game got us exposed. That Team is unstoppable - inside/out awesome.

13. Jenopogi

BTW, i wrote this on a similar thread. The way this Team is playing, maybe best to make Lin 6th man running the unit with Delfino, TJones, Morris and whoever. Harden, Morris, Parsons, PPat, Asik to start. NOT TD, OK. TD will just wreak havoc and bad start. Lin and Harden (if Harden does PG stuff) is redundant. I get it that Harden was 6th man in OKC because they have WB to start. In end-games, Play the guys who does well, even if Lin and Harden are on the floor.

This I say until Lin can shoot those balls.

14. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Can't lose tonight. They're our mortal enemies.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

they're too big inside for us....another loss

16. Jenopogi

I think Smith is better than Aldrich. Him and Asik should be able to withstand the Jazz biggies. Last night, Rockets tried Aldrich . . . bad test, but at least we see him how he fared against the Gasols/HOwards of the NBA. I wonder if DMo was in, it might have been also a good test for him. Lakers playing like that, we can not win it anyways. At least Rockets players (and coaches) can learn on what went well and what not to do again.

17. torocan

torocan Member

I don't think saying the Lakers exposed us is remotely fair.

Let's think about their starters last night...

Dwight - #1 big man in NBA, 6x all star, 3 x DPOY
    Kobe - Top 1 or 2 SG's in the NBA, arguably top 10 all time, 5 chips, 14x all star
    Pau Gasol - Top 10 PF, 2 chips, 4x all star
    Meta World Peace - 1x DPOY, 2x NBA Defensive 1st team, 1 chip, 1x all star

And...

Darius Morris - Sophomore, 44% 3pt shooter, 42% FG%

Even without Nash that line up is going to thrash 25/30 teams in the league if they're decently clicking.

And you might not want to double on Dwight/Gasol/Kobe, but if you don't, they're going to score a TON of points AND stack a ton of fouls on our team.

Our players had almost zero chance of stopping Dwight/Pau AND Kobe in 1on1 coverage. Our only hope was to double/triple team and try to get the ball out of their hands.

How bad would it have been?

In the FIRST quarter, Dwight shot 4/4, AND was hacked 2x for FT's. Anyone want to guess what it would have looked like without double/triple teaming him?

And that's JUST Dwight... that still leaves Kobe AND Pau running around before you even talk about Darius Morris.

The Lakers are just a really bad match up for us in terms of Defense. We don't have enough size to defend them, let alone enough talent and experience to match up against that line up.

It's that simple.

The only thing exposed about our defense was that we're too small, inexperienced and insufficiently talented to give the Lakers a serious fight.

18. Jenopogi

This is what I mean in saying "exposed". That Team is talented, we are the youngest in the league. Last night's contrast is very clear. We did well with Miami, but last night was like, OMG. Rockets has a loonng way to go.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I guessed we'd be 5-5.

So one game off, the non-split against Portland. Not beating Portland at home was the game we should have won...then to come back and not get that revenge game hurt.

Winning games like this, against a team in your tier...is how you have a good record in the NBA.

Most likely the Rockets lose to Chicago right? So winning here is pretty big or they can find themselves 4-8 on Thursday.

Any ways...for the new members that may not know.

The Jazz suck. Everything about their franchise sucks.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

This will be somewhat close but we will be trailing throughout most of the game....probably take a 1 point lead late 3rd or early 4th, but unfortunately jazz will prevail.