1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/25/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

still saw some glaring holes, as the team reverted back to old tendencies in early through mid stages of the 4th qtr. But a win is a win, can't complain.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Highlights of the game:

1. Asik leading the fastbreak in return a blown lay-up (gif request) I think Asik was trying to do this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/95AJogwPFFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Austin Rivers swimming in one

3. We started off with the 7 game losing streak last game against them, lol and this time we win!!!

3. atwood

atwood Member

Vasquez was destroyed...

4. Jedster

Jedster Member

:cool:
    Harvard guy learned.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You do know that every single great scorer ISOs right?

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So what exactly did Harden do differently the second half? He only had 1 TO. Impressive game by Lin, Patterson (shocker), and Harden (excluding the first half TO)

7. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I missed the game how was the rotations and did Mchale do anything right this time?

8. Raz

Raz Member

Got home drunk and wasted, just saw the second half. Was that really Patterson doing pretty well - or am I hallucinating?

9. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

It's good to see both of the starting guards do well together. But not sure why Harden was still in there to the last minute. Tomorrow night will be a big game. The TOs are still troubling. 12 total for the two starting guards. But I'm glad coaching kept Lin in the game in the 4th to help secure the win. They needed this one.

It's great to see Pat with 13 rebounds on an off night for Asik with only 6.

10. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Yup..both sure got good calls to the lines tonight.

11. Roxs

Roxs Member

Tonight was one of the better games in a few weeks, but it got ugly in the last 20 or so minutes.

Even with the 8 TOs, Harden still had the best night according to GameScore.

It's ok that Morris had an off night as long as 2Pat had a great one. If they can interchange great nights, that would be awesome for the Roxs.

12. sophiaaa19

sophiaaa19 Member

LOL ain't nobody ever want to see Patricia

13. Jedster

Jedster Member

Since there are no real Patterson fans on this board, I think someone should just step up and represent him tonight.

"To all my mockers and scorners...in your face!" (That's what he says, not me)

14. thekad

thekad Member

Nearly all the points the Rockets scored in the half court came off Harden or Lin P&Rs or isolation plays by Harden.

15. torocan

torocan Member

Pretty happy with the rotations and substitutions tonight.

My only beef was leaving Harden in for the last 2 minutes when NO sat their starters. It wasn't really necessary at that point. Well, that and Asik's hands are terrible on catches. High, low, into his chest... it seems like it doesn't make a difference. :eek:

Saw some really nice ball movement, but the best thing I saw was organized team defense. We saw secondary defenders move up to hedge every single pick, and then smoothly switch back to their appropriate man. Our PnR defensive movement was light years ahead of where it has been most of this month.

Also saw people running out for transition buckets, and aggressive rebounding and boxing out.

Most of the points NOH got were hard earned points. Contested, under clock pressure, or driving into double and triple teams.

If we keep defending like that, we don't need to score 105 a game. Scoring 105 a game on top of great defense will make us exceedingly dangerous.

Nice job tonight McHale and co.

16. muas2010

muas2010 Member

:grin:Harden almost got a triple triple as well...8 assists, 8 TOs, 30 points

17. trock

trock Member

Nice, much needed win. Much improved effort on defense. I hate TOs no matter who they come from.

18. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

You just missed a monster game win by Lin and Ppat!:grin: Bummer!

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I was about to laugh at this one game aberration but then remembered his 20 game scoring streaks at the beginning of the year.

Maybe it's a harbinger of things to return.

We do play the Pelicans every night, right?

20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Over the past week or so, the Hornets had won @ Boston & Philly, and lost close ones (within 4 points) at home to GSW & SA. They were on a bit of a hot streak, so you really can't say this wasn't a quality win.

Outside of the large # of turnovers & Asik's awful night, which brought back visions of Dalembert, we played really well.