1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hornets 1/25/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Fighton

Fighton Member

The problem is - during the winning streak, we were shooting at an incredibly high % from 3pt line. that wasn't sustainable. what happens when your 3's aren't falling? from what i recall, the fast break points didn't really account for that big of a percentage of our 120 points?

2. cw3k

cw3k Member

No. Rockets winning streak because of fun basketball. Everyone was allow to do what they do best and had fun. Now this ISO Harden garbage is no fun for anyone, not even Harden. All team love to play against the Rocket because they don't need to put any effect on the defense. 3 of the players stand at the 3 line, not doing anything. The center does not screen. All they have to do is stop Harden drive to the rim, make sure don't foul him.

3. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Winnable game, if Harden Lin and Asik all play to their best scoring, blocking, defending and rebounding.

4. teebone21

teebone21 Member

If only harden could shoot off screens

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Dafuq ????

6. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

I see a win since Mcfail has succeeded in getting harden into the allstar game.
    Should see less lin benching now on out.

7. cw3k

cw3k Member

I hope to see fun basketball tonight. If this ISO Harden hero ball continue, I am going to skip their games for good.

8. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

I understand how you feel, this is on the coaching staff. They need to spend time studying the opponents game and prepare the players with strategies to attack their weak spots. The 69ers studied us before the game. Why can't Houston prepare better against all the other teams?

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I actually don't mind to watch some of their games for fun.
    I am angry anymore:grin:

10. M4-Nightvision

lets see if these coaches listen to Calvin Murphy, I highly don't think so. to stubborn.

11. M4-Nightvision

Harden gotta play better on defense.

12. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

We may have our favorite players, but they're all trying hard to make it work and deserve our support.

13. youngduck

youngduck Member

I hope marcus morris and patrick patterson can get some rebounds.

14. MonKing

MonKing Member

Listen Rockets, I'm counting to three and this ball better not be sticky when I am done!

This is the next-to-last time I'm going to watch them!

Ah, to heck with it, I'm gonna hold my breath.......

:)Sympathize with the quoted poster; just trying to use humor to get through this.

15. BlueJazz

BlueJazz Member

Stop the losing streak

I think there is actually a very easy fix for our recent slump.

Our team lives and dies with James Harden. He's such an elite player that he often single-handedly alters the outcome of a game; when he plays well we win, when he struggle we lose. And I think it's quit obvious that during this losing streak, he's been terrible.

Why has he been terrible?

There is an excellent article that Jason Friedman linked to today on ESPN that looks into 3 point accuracy vs the number of minutes played. In a nutshell, the more minutes a player logs, the less accurate he becomes. And therein lies the problem: his body is dead tired.

As many of you have noticed, McHale simply refuses to give Harden a rest, even in blowout games Harden were still playing 40+ minutes a game. Logging heavy minutes in this run-and-gun system over a BRUTAL stretch of January schedule was simply too much.

Just like any exhausted player, his field goal percentage took a nose dive, he started turning the ball over (7 last game!), he can't spare any more energy on defense, and our whole team just falls apart with him. Team defense suffers too when Harden is sucking, because this team simply refuses to play any defense when the offense struggles.

So I think the problem is very simple, and the solution is even simpler: limit Harden's minutes.

It should be reasonable to play him 33-35 min/game, and give the extra 5-7 minutes to Toney Douglas or James Anderson.

This way we will get the fresh Harden back, his field goal % will rise, his turnover goes down, offensive efficiency improves, and defensive energy will pick up.

That's it.

James Harden is our Lamborghini.

I'm begging you dear coach Mchale, please take good care of him and stop running our precious race car to the ground, thanks.

16. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I'm sure they would be upset.

17. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

It would help if other players started making wide open shots...

Parsons came out running his mouth before the last game trying to be a leader and put on a piz poor performance. Talking about leading by example. 6-9 dude missing layups at the rim acting like he's scared to dunk on someone or at least try to.

18. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

This game is going to be a comedy. We're going to watch Sampson and Mchale's failed offensive systems. Hornets going to lead by double digits in the 1st quarter. Lin is going to go rouge in the second quarter by doing what he has been when we were scoring 120 points a game, close the lead by 2, before Sampson or Mchale or whoever is in that stupid coaching staff is, pull Lin to the bench. In the 3rd, Sampson or Mchale is going to demand that Lin pass the ball off to Harden at half court, Hornets pull the lead away to 12, in desperation, Sampson pulls Lin to the bench for good, and the lead balloons to 21 points. The Hornets are going to put in their bench within 6 minutes in the 4th quarter, we lose by 10.

Meanwhile, Harden goes for 23 points by the free throw line + lousy fg%. He's going to be the landry's player of the game even though we lose. Bleacher Report is going to give Lin a D- and Harden a B+.

All because Sampson doesn't want Lin to be the PG, running the plays, getting people open, and leading fast breaks.

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

So I take it your a LOF? Since when does Sampson make decisions? Who cares what Bleacher Report says?

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kevin McHale on NO becoming the Pelicans: "The Pelicans. Watch out or we'll dump on you. The pelican is not a bird of prey, is it?"</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/294959329570861056" data-datetime="2013-01-26T00:05:58+00:00">January 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>