1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 11/9/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2012.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Lottery pick, here we come :D

I watched the first three quarters just now and it was so ugly that I decided to just check the score and glad they lost actually. Even if we win, there's nothing pretty about our basketball.

What is happening to our run-and-gun, quick offense and fast breaking team identity? The coaches losing grip of the group fast but Morey and Leslie will stick with the big fella. Ironically this three point festivity actually suits Martin more than Harden..glad we locked him up so we won't have to see him play under McHale for more than a year.

2. torocan

torocan Member

You are selectively remembering the game.

Lin got blind picked on a significant number of those drives. That's aside from the fact Lin was NOT defending Bayless OR Conley the entire game even when their time overlapped. And did you even consider that Harden and Lin do NOT have the luxury of digging into their opponent the entire game... remember, THERE IS NO BACK UP PG.

You have clearly shown that that you know NOTHING about how PG's are defended. It is almost impossible to shut down a fast PG by yourself. Physics and biology make it that way.

All you show is that not only you are biased, but woefully misinformed.

3. VanityHalfBlack

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1AI7uVPeAHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did anyone catch Lin ignoring Mcfail after that 2nd breakaway lay-up to cut it within 2 during time-out??? LOL, a sign maybe things aren't going according to plan, fire him!!!!

4. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i do question mchale's coaching ability, but we are playing decent defense. overall, i think we played like crap last night and i think mchale should have looked to find a spark off the bench. however, WE PLAYED LIKE CRAP against a very good team in a building they rarely lose in. how were we in this game? if we get it together we may end up being very, very good this year.

5. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Great post. Excellent perspective. This team needs a lot of adjustments but they'll get there.

1 person likes this.
  6. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

It's because Lin is a right wing Christian and Patterson is an Obama-voting wacko.

There. Fixed.

7. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Was definitely trying to rally his team with some passion. Getting within 2 points was huge.

8. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

At first i was annoyed at the people disparaging people who joined in 2012, i thought it was divisive and unfair. But after reading thread after thread and post after post of hateful ignorant things it has changed my mind. It has really made coming on clutchfans very different. Its sad that i either have to read through many ignorant posts or put many people on ignore just to get to some good mature conversation. It makes me sad because i love clutchfans, and i dont know if we will ever have our old clutchfans back. :(

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

P.S. Ive been reading clutchfans alot earlier than 2011 btw :p

10. mil

mil Member

Nobody have any problem if Harden is taking 20+ shots,as long as they are in the flow of the game and not force shots.But what we worried is the coaching staff seems to turn him into Camelo with beard. He is a great player and we don't want him to turn into as iso player.

11. sidestep

sidestep Member

Ppat can't even outrebound the backcourt. He had 4 rebounds last night. Harden also had 4, and Lin had 5.
    He's hanging around the perimeter instead of banging in the paint.

12. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

You missed out them, 4th quarter was the best :)

13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Our defense was pretty decent for the most part. Nobody is really talking about that.

14. jocar

jocar Member

These are the posters you have to add to ignore list b4 you end up broad brushing and hating all Lin fans.

15. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I just rewatched the game, and actually a lot of it was team defense. Several times when they'd "blue" the PnR, the hedge man (Morris or Delfino) would leave to recover to their man too early, leaving an open lane, or maybe Lin wouldn't recover in front of the ball handler quickly enough, or maybe a combo of both. They aren't coordinated (the on ball defender and the hedge man).

One time Delfino got bulldozed way out of position by Rudy Gay, essentially picking off both guys (Lin and Delfino), leaving Conley a red carpet to the rim.

Lin fights on defense at least. Harden plays defense at times like he's a superstar, not moving his feet. Or it could be that Harden plays that way because he's so used to having Iblocka back there to erase his mistakes, don't know.

As far as the gambling, I'm starting to wonder if that isn't by design. Tonight when Lin gave up that late three, he kind of looked at the bench like, what do you want me to do? McHale didn't look angry, which you would think he would be if Lin blew his assignment two games in a row.

JVG had a similar philosophy, protect the paint at all cost, which left us vulnerable to good shooting teams like the Kings at the time. I've heard McHale in interviews say he'd rather make defensive mistakes and give up shots on the outside as opposed to inside. Maybe this is McHale's defensive philosophy?