1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Russillo has been a noted critic of Harden and the Rockets in the past, but I like that he's giving the Rockets credit where credit is due. You can be a biased observer while still having an unbiased take.

That's the thing, I don't think most of us have a problem with people disliking the Rockets, but stupid and uniformed statements would make anybody mad.

Stuff like "Harden always sucks in the playoffs" or "Rockets can't play defense" or "Westbrook and Harden have tension over who the leader of the team is"--if anybody utters these things or anything akin to them they lose all credibility to me in terms of their Rockets analysis...

...especially if they're Clutchfans members

fckbandwagons, D-rock, King1 and 7 others like this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I already can't wait til Thurs. That Clippers game is going to be a dog fight. I'm nervous already. I do not want them baiting Russ into another technical with the Lakers game also around the corner. You know Beverley will do his best to try.

Remlap, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let em hate, it's all they can do. It's just funny to hear people say it was a great game then turn around and go "ROCKETS PLAY UGLY! THIS IS UGLY! IT RUINING BASKETBALL!"

It's like when people called the Spurs 'Boring' who cares really? The job is to win the game, not entertain opposing teams fans.

hakeem94, D-rock, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. smp

smp Member

I hear you. That game wasn't ugly. It was intense like a playoff game. Two very good teams battling it out.

My definition of ugly games are no defense with a crap ton of just standing around, chucking 3's, and hunting for fouls. I don't like that style, effective or not. Defense is just as important as offense and if it's way out of balance one way or the other, that's an ugly game to me.

5. Mr. Space City

play demarre carroll >_<

6. MultipleSauces

The year : 2020 . The future is now . Westbrook is our hero and pat Beverly is hated . How the tables have turned

Scarface281, hakeem94, ilias and 6 others like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Honestly, I tune out the announcers half the time because I don't need to hear their opinion when I have my own eyes to watch the game. Even our own announcers get on my nerves at times. Bullard sounds like a broken record half the time and Ackerman's voice irritates me. Worrell is the only funny one.

As for the network guys, who cares what they think? I don't even know why people follow them on Twitter or watch their shows. Their opinions are theirs, not mine. I don't care what they say about us. The Rockets are our team, not their team. We don't need their approval. We just need to keep winning and make them look stupid.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

No it isnt

D-rock likes this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. j@amc

j@amc Member

Fair enough, Harden had 4 assists in the third quarter. That was probably his best stretch of the game. His last assist was at the 4:34 mark when he found House open for that 27' zone breaker. While Westbrook added an assist at the 2:37 mark that was the very last Rocket assist for the game.

But don't you think Harden's passing was a little off tonight? He normally hits shooters spot on, but he put quite a few passes at player's feet tonight. I'm remembering that happening to Covington more than once.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I was talking about our fans on here, not opposing team fans. You'd think everyone would be so happy.

Remlap, D-rock and Tfor3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

i swear the dude is so narrative driven

D-rock likes this.
  13. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

It feels great to have 2 of the best offensive players in the league on our squad. Russell's consistency and ability to finish at the basket is amazing to see.

Remlap, D-rock, ak99999 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. riko

riko Member

No body I mean nobody thought Russ would be this good. It’s not a exaggeration to say he is a top 5 player again. We have two top 5 players.its also a credit to harden that he is letting Russ be Russ. They just have a amazing bond

Remlap, Deckard, jcmoon and 12 others like this.
  16. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Celtics haven't won against us since that 2017 screwjob. Karma really bit them for that abomination.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's also hilarious to hear people complain about Harden and his FTs just because they dared to give him a whistle at the end of the game.

He had 3 FTAs lol and people act like he had 30.

19. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

People have short memory when it comes to overall effort and limited short instances that dramatises the moments and it sticks in their minds and forms short sighted opinions. That is human nature and it is what it is. You cant fight that. Russ had more turnovers than Harden in this game but it seems no one wants to point that out nor it will matter to them because it didn’t happen during the crunch time.

But it wouldnt hurt to point out that Harden could make less mistakes in the final seconds of the game, at least not like that when he wasn’t even being double teamed. It’s not choking, its a mistake. That’s all to it. **** happens.

20. Buck Turgidson

Game was amazing

Matchups? Best of luck with that

The small ball wrecks s**t

#1800 Buck Turgidson, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    hakeem94, D-rock and Tfor3 like this.