1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 11/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 9, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like how MDA has started resting Clint more when James is resting. I've been wanting to see that change for what seem a like an eternity Since most of Clint's ability to shoot is based on a dunk, and James is best at passing right where Clint can slam it in, well it just makes more sense than how he rotated them last year.

I used to get irritated when he always left Clint in with Paul last year when James rested. Paul wasn't near as good at getting Clint the ally oops. He always wanted to bounce pass to Clint and that caused more blocks as Clint bent down and came back up to shoot.

Bounce passing to Clint can look great, like when James did the fancy under the leg shot last night, but too many times it doesn't. Clint can have butter fingers down low, even if good passers like Paul or Westbrook are initiating the pass. The bounce pass to Clint will never beat the efficiency of the ally oops to dunk chemistry James and Clint have. So, I finally got my wish, and hope MDA continues with this change.

D-rock likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it does make sense its just that you dont get it

D-rock, BigShasta, RCPM and 2 others like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps to give clemons a feel how is it to play with a true center and thus make his garbage time experience more valuable/relevant?

fryjol7 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

MorningZippo and deb4rockets like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

things I liked about this game:

1. it seemed that they kept clint defending the paint more and had harden out guarding the perimeter in which he did a fairly decent job. james was hustling out there on defense from the beginning along with Russ and that's good leadership. I wonder if they had him out there because the bulls are a bad three point shooting team? will we see more of this against good teams? I think clint definitely needs to guard the paint more...it seems they were tinkering with their defensive scheme more, not switching clint on the perimter….

2. It seems the harden-russ-clint trio was out there more and they were working on their spacing issues more. They are going to have to roll this lineup out there a lot because we need clints defense so we might as well work on it as much as possible even against scrubs...

3. EG hit some deep 3s....its a start, we need him back.

4. Regarding the shortened lineup I actually like it and think Mike is getting this team ready for the upcoming clippers game..he knows the players who have to play a lot of minutes: James, russ, clink, tuck, house, rivers, Gordon. House is probably our best defender in transition and we need him out there against these young teams or we might just get run out of the building...he needs to play with harden and russ because of his shooting and defense...I say keep playing him up to 40 minutes...

5. Austin rivers is playing like a stud! props to him. we have got ourselves and absolute steal. He is fearless and his clutch shooting and dribble drive game is perfect to complement our half court offense, especially when russ has trouble finding a seam....he is a perfect 3rd option to kickout to on the perimeter and has perfected his little step back. I would like to see him given more opportunity to create for us, instead of trying to force a harden or russ drive against a good defense...the bulls were playing good defense on the perimeter and were doubling harden and making it tough on russ. I would like to see us go to Austin more instead of trying to force a bad shot or turn the ball over......Austin quietly does his job, plays defense, doesn't complain and hits his shots when he gets his chance...

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can understand your concern. Sure, why risk injury when a win is obvious? Why not give the bench players that time to have a little fun? I love watching the bench players come in by the way. But, on the flip side Clint and House need to get in shape for playing max minutes during tough challenges. They are young after all. It's a risk either way really, so maybe a little of both strategies will work.

jcmoon likes this.
  10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Y’all should feel pretty good about tonight’s game.

Houston showed they can play defense when they want to tonight.

on the first possession it was clear they wanted to come out and shut them down.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Moral of the story, someone needs to tell Westbrook not to shoot at all in the first quarter.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess Morey is fine with Mike but keep in mind he wanted others guys to coach here, it was Les who wanted Mike, and in the end Morey can't decide **** if the owner says otherwise.

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

You know when a kid invites his best friend over for a sleepover cause he wants to show him how good he is at a video game?

That kid is Harden. His best friend is Westbrook. And the video game is the NBA.

He’s just showing off for his best friend at this point.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is pretty awesome.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Clemons walked away in Warriors game, too.

BigShasta likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

You know that kid runs out of friends right

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden has something to say....

[​IMG]

D-rock, RudyTBag and HP3 like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Looks like House is ok.