1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 3/26/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 25, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

It took me like 20 seconds on google to search out several instances where Kobe was shut down by a nobody.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Enough of these stupid "smart" posts about "They're losers until they win!"
    "Harden's not a winner coz he didn't win, see? That shows I know basketball."

3. cmutt

cmutt Member

I think your mistaking my point, because your responding as if I'm denying Hardens' skills and talent, when I've clearly stated that he's obviously super skilled and talented. And I never said his whole career will be considered a dud if he never wins a championship.

All of those Hall of Famers you mention who didn't win the big chip, they all had momentous moments in their playoff careers. They all performed superbly in many of their most important playoff games. So even though they didn't win championships... they fought valiantly, and they didn't under perform, or collapse under pressure.

Unfortunately, Harden has collapsed and under performed in most of his crucial playoff games during his career. And I'm not pulling this out of nowhere, almost every single NBA analyst on every network, talk show, or radio show has been saying the same thing.... for years. So let's not pretend that I'm making up all of this stuff or that I'm some lone person who's just now introducing this issue about Harden.

You're right bro, greatness is NOT defined by championships alone.

But greatness is partly defined by how players perform in the most important, high pressure games of their careers. And greatness is also defined by how players play the game... their attitude, their drive, their will, their toughness (physical and mental), their fortitude, and by their killer instinct or clutchness... or whatever term you choose for that quality.

So I'm not defining Harden's whole career from a regular season loss.... but I am pointing out that I don't think it's a good sign of his basketball character that he backed down and wilted from Eric Bledsoe. Because it looks like further proof of his lack of mental toughness. Not a single one of those players you listed who didn't win a championship... would have backed down from the bullying that Bledsoe did to Harden... not one.

Anyhow, I'm just being honest and keeping it real. And I'm certainly not the only person pointing these things out.

I hope Harden will rise to the next level and overcome his past failures, I really do.
    We'll see.

4. cmutt

cmutt Member

Shut down is different from "backed down"

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"Just keeping it real"? LOL
    "Greatness is partly defined by . . . [all those talking heads on TV]!"
    Bro, if people on TV agree with you, you're def right man!

Just give it a rest with this "Until Harden wins it all, I am correct that he can't win it all."
    YES, until the Rockets win the championship, they are not winners! Duh AF

fckbandwagons and Deckard like this.
  6. cmutt

cmutt Member

No offense intended, but you do realize you're responding in a forum, right?
    Seems kind of ironic that you prefer to stifle opinions that you don't share or agree with, in a forum.

I myself, prefer engaging other people's opinions and thoughts, even if they differ from mine.

Anyhow, to each his own.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Harden is a great offensive player, who does not play a good defense. That is why Bledsoe keeps attack him in the game. The rocket coach does not teach the defense, so Harden will not be a good defense player anytime soon.

8. MystikArkitect

I won’t engage in a back and forth where the barometer for success is gauged in generalities such as “never backed down from a guy like Eric Bledsoe”.

If you think Harden isn’t great because to you he hasn’t had any great playoff moments then that’s fine. I’ve watched the NBA since 93. I can probably count the number of players of Harden’s caliber on one hand.

He’s the best athlete we’ve had in Houston not named Hakeem. Better than Watt. Better than Nolan. Better than Altuve. Better than Biggio. Better than Bagwell.

If folks can’t appreciate the dude then I feel sorry for them. He’s given more than we could’ve ever dreamed of here. Anything more is gravy to me. Championships included.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Aw did u get stifled by me? It's a wonder you managed to post a reply! Way to go.
    Fight the power.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

funny thing is bledsoe already has precedence backing down from harden

Deckard likes this.
  11. Roxs-Redemption

12. biina

biina Member

Harden a better athlete than JJ Watt???

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan