1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 1/4/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Going to be a scoring war between Monta and Harden

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Impossible is nothing.

--- Clyde

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am watching old Rocket games from this season & Parsons is so bad in transition. He has his moments of brilliance but for the most part he is weak, turns it over or makes a dumb decision. That is something he can easily get better at in the off season.

4. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Yeah i agree and he will improve on it because he's a hard worker.. He's still also super young so its not like he cant improve because of stubbornness or bad habits.

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea i notice Parson ain't that good with fastbreak seeing the floor and passing. There is like 3 on 1 and he chose to drive and commit an offense foul instead of passing to a teammate for easy 2.

6. Arthurprescott2

You harp on this point a lot Roxxy and though I do agree that sometimes its a bit risky, it's also not that big a problem. Parsons usually bounces the ball off his knee at most once a game during a fast break and that's about it in terms of problems. I'll take that risk if it means at times he'll compensate w/ great passes or even goes coast-to-coast.

7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

It is understandable that you usually pay utmost attention to Parsons.
    :grin:

8. Exel

Exel Member

Should be a fun game to watch. Might see a lot of small action with Harden, Lin and Douglas squaring off against Daniels, Jennings and Ellis late in the game. But Rockets carry the day as we have better two way players in the back court than the Bucks. Go Rockets!

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

No not really. He also turns it over or forces a shot in a 3 on 1 situation. Sometimes the shot goes in, but doesn't mean it was the right decision particularly when Morris or Harden are standing at the wings wide open for 3. To be fair to Parsons there are times where he gets hacked as well & doesn't get calls. In fact Lin & Parsons seem to always get hacked & never get calls, kind of annoying.

Like Yao4real says he doesn't really see the floor well when executing a fast break he goes into tunnel vision mode. And his handles in transition aren't particularly good. I am a big advocate of letting Parsons learn through in game experience. As you said this is something I have noticed since the beginning of the season & I was hoping to see some progress in this area as games progressed but haven't seen any yet. Coast to coast lay up not withstanding. But the season is still young so I can't even be mad. He will figure it out eventually & if not he will definitely work on it in the offseason.

I am so easy to figure out. :p

Serious question though, I have always felt that Chandler should bulk up. He is very lanky, I can't help but feel that a little more girth (muscle not fat) would help his game. But it is risky though because when you add more muscle that affects your shooting.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Some things worthy to note tonight.

Bucks give up the second most transition points in the league.

Watch Larry Sanders, guy has been on a blocking tear. Wish we had him.

Return of Delfino

Monta Ellis averaged 32ppg in last 5 against Rockets

James Harden averaged 30 3reb 5 assist last 14 games:grin:

11. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Speaking of Chandler....Look, for $65 you can get a personal message from him - https://www.egraphs.com/Chandler-Parsons/photos

These are actually pretty neat. I got one from LA Dodger manager Don Mattingly a while ago and I love opening it up and hearing Donnie say "Hey Carol, how's it going..." ...but the proceeds from Mattingly's go to charity.

For $125, you can get one from Hakeem Olajuwon.

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Parsons is 24. Andre Drummond is 19.

13. me005

me005 Member

Couldn't agree more! Rox didn't do well when their opponent has great shot blockers.

It's not easy to win this game, I hope they can continue their success vs eastern teams.

14. Dimeron

Dimeron Member

He's the GM of the Rockets. :p

15. jocar

jocar Member

BUCK THE ****S!

16. jocar

jocar Member

**** THE BUCKS!

doesn't work :(

17. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

when toney douglas and lin are on the floor at the same time,

why is douglas running the plays instead of lin?

its quite clear Lin is the better play maker than douglas and better passer.

its quite clear that douglas is the better spot up shooter and better overall shooter than lin.

why are they playing the incorrect roles when both are on the court?

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Parsons has been playing on a gimpy knee. I hope it's being treated properly. To me, it looks like he doesn't trust it: that fast break two nights ago, when he passed back instead of dunking, was a hint he should be resting the knee, maybe-- whatever is wrong, he doesn't have his usual hustle lately.

19. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

I'm gonna be watching the 4. Can we expect another good game out of Patterson? If we can get 10 boards out of him every game, we will be tough to beat. Hopefully this battle between Morris and Patterson to be the starting 4 really works out well for us.

Also I think Parsons finishes well on the break, he just shouldn't lead it.

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

call me, i might be able to help.