1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 11/16/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 15, 2012.

1. awarde2

awarde2 Member

Don't even try it. Mchale was constantly up yelling at Lamb, because he looked lost. That is probably one of the reasons he is at OKC, so what you are saying is insanity ruck amuck. Just troll on..smh

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

With lamb everything is a bad decision if he doesn't get the ball. Now he won't even get off the bench. A good decision by okc. Oh the irony..

3. awarde2

awarde2 Member

The Rockets don't have an offensive game right now. There offensive move is to give the ball to Harden. The Bigs are not good at pnr yet, and we don't have the coaching staff to figure out offense yet. I agree with Sampson, defense wins games. Rockets offense is shoot 3's,which is fine, if you had players with consistent shots. I think that Rockets will get there, but they need other plays, when everyone goes cold. I know we focus on Lin's shots not following, but Lin is a smart kid, he has figured out a way to help the the win games without the ball in his hands. This is making Lin and all around player. Also I think Sampson has changed his tune bout Lin is because Lin is becoming solid in his defense,and Sampson respects that.JMO

4. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

LOL, gtfo :rolleyes:

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Probably a loss. Portland are tough at home.

6. lfw

lfw Rookie

With no low post presence, the only way to get points in the paint is with dribble penetration. To get dribble penetration, you need to space the floor by putting players behind the 3 point line. Rockets have no choice but to throw up this many 3's even if they don't have the shooters for it. That's why Lin keeps getting the green light even though he has been missing.

PNR will never be really good without a good roll man so we are waiting until Morey finds one or someone develops into one.

The offense can't get too sophisticated because of the inexperience of the players on the team buy it will be fun watching this team develop.

7. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

upsssss... my mistake actually harden is now averaging 26.4 pts and is the leading NBA scorer..... he shares the first position with kobe bryant....

8. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Let me clarify myself. I said his OFFENSIVE GAME - specifically dribble penetration, lay ups and shooting a- is regressing with every game. To say other wise means you just refuse to see the truth. I realize he is contributing on defense end but Lin wasn't brought in to be a defensive presence a la Ben Wallace.
    I am as a big fan of Lin as anyone else in this forum but it drives me nuts to see him so god damn passive in the offensive scheme. I realize coaching may be a big part but you can't deny that he is also playing extremely passive - almost afraid to take shots. This is what bothers and worries me. Every game I am hoping he comes out of his offensive funk and every game I see him acting like a p***y. That is not why I became his fan. He is playing like Yi Jialin...

9. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Never mind Jeremy, WTf has Jeremy lamb done to get frustrated with Lin? Are u serious? This type of respect a 3rd year player should be getting from a rookie. I would have set his ass straight.

10. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

What kind of coaching staff do we have if they figure out a semblance dof offensive scheme yet. I mean they are playing playground basketball. No movement. Have their pg stand in the corner. Let the best player ISo out an take shots. So amateurish.

11. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Gonna be a tough game for the Rockets, hopefully we come out with a win!

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

so what your saying is his skills are progressing but it's just that

1 coaching might be interfering
    2 he's afraid to express the skills he posseses?

13. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yes to 1 and 2. But I do not think he is progressing on the OFFENSIVE END ( Mainly being a scoring threat)

14. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

I can't even find a live boxscore. Game was scheduled to start at 2:00.

Anybody?

15. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

Lin vs Lillard c'mon lin put some tape on those ankles

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

how about comparing him to harden...perhaps youll be in a better position to understand what i am saying

did harden scoring skills abruptly regressed after game #2 to suddenly reappear in game 8? or these skills were there all the time and it was just a matter of psychology ?

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I don't think I'm disagreeing with u. Psychology and mindset have a lot to do with one's performance. And clearly Jeremy's confidence is down unlike harden or even TD who do not fear taking their shots no matter how many shot they are missing. That's what Lisanity was .. Having the confidence to believe in yourself and fearlessly taking that last 3 pointer in Toronto to win the game. Jeremy obviously has the skill set but for whatever reason his confidence seems to be shot. Maybe getting dissed by the Knicks affected his psyche more than we think.

18. Convictedstupid

Jason Friedman ‏@JasonCFriedman
    Carlos Delfino (groin) will be a game-time decision for tonight's game vs. Portland.

Good thing we have a deep bench..

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Delfino is a gametime decision. If he doesn't go I wonder how that will affect the rotation? Heavy minutes for Mook?

20. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Didn't know he was hurt